Dominator Tail pad....yes vs. no

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dominator Tail pad....yes vs. no

Hi guys. just wondering if you're using a tail/kick/stomp pad....im thinking of getting one

thanks
    luis
    Yes
    100.00%
    No
    0.00%

I vote yes. Back foot positioning is crucial in the Dom/Spit etc. so a pad comes in very handy for knowing your foot is where it should be.

Comment

where exactly should i place it? could you post a pic?
      thanks

Comment

Depends if you're primarily going to be using it as a quad or thruster. I'd jam it right back so your foot is over the rear fin plug. If you're running a quad you'd probably shuffle forwards a touch so your foot is over the quad rears.

Comment

Quad+home made knubster:) was thinking putting it as far back(till the leashrope plug)?

Comment

I'd suggest wax first to work out where you place your back foot. Youll see that spot from wax wear. I tend to turn with my foot over the two forward fins, so place the year of my pad over the middle of my rear fin. Seems to work.

Comment

Quad+home made knubster:) was thinking putting it as far back(till the leashrope plug)?

Comment

Originally posted by luismx View Post
                That's where mine are placed, about a quarter inch off the plug.

I can't imagine not using a tail pad anymore. Back foot slip is a thing of the past. I think they are a must for modern surfing.
                Last edited by Slowman; 12-30-2012, 04:49 PM.

Comment

One thing I hate about demo boards...they dont usually come with tail pads. I have done the splits several times on demo boards...I just dont know how people used to surf without them. All my boards regardless of size or purpose have tail pads....

Comment

hey FW Fan, yeah we did just order a new demo fleet and ALL shortboards will have them from now on. So much better. especially for the folks who cant ride without them (like me).

Comment

and me

Comment

I vote no tail pad! Way better without! I like an even feel between both feet.

Comment

Completely agree with PRJ.
                          Back foot positioning is so important on the Dom. At 6ft 2 (1m89cm) but riding a 510 I dont feel this problem particularly as I have to surf it right off the tail due to my wider stance relative to the length of the board. However, if you were shorter relative to your board length then I would say that it was even more important to help get you over the fins.

Comment

Working...
                          X