Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! is the dominator my magic board?

Hi im maika from Chile (Sorry for my english...)

5 years surfing, 83kgs, 5.9 hight.
    Actual boards:
    Lost scorcher 6.0 x 18.75 x 2 3/8
    Cabezas (local shaper) 5.9 x 19 1/2 x 2 1/2

Now im visiting us and i'm ready to get my first firewire. After searching i was thinking to get a 5.8 dominator (rapidfire), but the problem is the last couple days im been super undecided with what board can be my first firewire. I want a board that work on small waves to little overhead, practically for all condition.
    The boards who make me doubt from dominator are those; 5.4 Sweet Potatoe, 5.8 Vanguard and Potatonator.

So... i really need help so i can get it this week... Im new with firewire and i really wanna be satisfied with my purchased.

WHAT SHOULD I CHOOSE

Cheers
    Last edited by maika; 02-04-2013, 01:20 AM.

I can't comment on the Vanguard but that aside the Dom is the pick of those boards for the wave range you have in mind.

Comment

As your primary board, Dominator!!! Use the volume calculator on Firewire site to ensure that you get the proper size and I say get the Rusty R1 quad fins(for Futures you can buy a 5 fin set). The other boards are more suited as additional boards in your quiver.

Comment

yeah i agree with these folks!! If you are looking for knee to overhead, the Dominator is for sure the one! I would start with the 508.

The Vanguard is another good option, but it is a radical shape. If its a board that you think you want, the start with the 506, maybe 508.

Cheers

Comment

yeah i agree with these folks!! If you are looking for knee to overhead, the Dominator is for sure the one! I would start with the 508.

The Vanguard is another good option, but it is a radical shape. If its a board that you think you want, the start with the 506, maybe 508.

Cheers

Comment

thanks to everyone !!!! i think im going for the dominator 508 would be work good for me.

But the Vanguard look really intresting board to get...

I still need to know what is better for the dominator: rapidfire or FST

Thanks to everyone!

Comment

I've been using my 5'8 FST Dominator in knee-overhead waves in Southern California and have been having way too much fun. I totally recommend the R1 5 fin set (I prefer quad with nubster in this board). I'd suggest the FST as it seems to be much more durable. I've had some hard landings on the board and still no pressure marks on the deck. I also had a Stealth FST that was relatively bomb proof.

The feel / flex of FST feels awesome for me, but then again, I really don't have extensive experience riding Rapidfire so I can't make an honest comparison on that front.

Comment

Rapidfire-- a little more buoyant and a little lighter
                FST-- a little more springy flex out of turns, more durable
                It's a win/win-- you can't go wrong

Comment

Originally posted by maika View Post
                  thanks to everyone !!!! i think im going for the dominator 508 would be work good for me.

But the Vanguard look really intresting board to get...

I still need to know what is better for the dominator: rapidfire or FST

Thanks to everyone!
                  My vanguard just arrive to the shop yesterday and the east coast is expecting a big snowstorm this weekend... so my pickup will be delayed!!! Thanks Huey

Comment

Originally posted by seakale View Post
                    Rapidfire-- a little more buoyant and a little lighter
                    FST-- a little more springy flex out of turns, more durable
                    It's a win/win-- you can't go wrong
                    I personally enjoy better the properties of the FST tech over the Rapidfire. I do have to try a technograin, they look sooo damn sexy!!!
                    The rapidfire is a more direct input-output whereas the FST stores a bit more out of the turns to give you that spring back

Comment

Originally posted by iggy View Post
                      My vanguard just arrive to the shop yesterday and the east coast is expecting a big snowstorm this weekend... so my pickup will be delayed!!! Thanks Huey
                      Bummer about the storms and delay. I too am expecting the call for the vanguard, but outside of today and tomorrow, hawaii is only expecting a 10' hayn scale swell. lol.

Comment

just curious what size vanguard did you order? wat shop? and how much?

Comment

i'm getting a 5'10. Moku Hawaii in waikiki. no price yet. shud b today or tomorrow. i'll post after

Comment

Originally posted by nsjoel808 View Post
                            just curious what size vanguard did you order? wat shop? and how much?
                            I'm geting a 5'6" myself

Comment

if i get a vanguard would be 5.8 because of my weight (80 kgs), sounds like a really cool board to try.

People is telling me to get the dominator, so probably i'm getting that, i didn't buy it yet because the potatonator looks been kind of the same but supporting more on the small waves. The Spitfire it another one because is the same like the dominator but more performance... so

For beach breaks like were i live in winter we usually get more powerful waves than usually. And because the money the i have its the only left hahaha i wanna make a good decision for what should be on my quiver.

Someone who used some of those boards can tell me some,please. Cheers. Thank you to everyone who is helping me with this decision!!!!

DOMINATOR, SPITFIRE, POTATONATOR, VANGUARD

Comment

Working...
                              X