Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Love my Dominator but want something a little more stable in bigger, hollower surf Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love my Dominator but want something a little more stable in bigger, hollower surf

I love my 6'4 Dominator but found it a bit wobbly at higher speeds on overhead waves even with a thruster set up. Any suggestions on something a bit more stable but still fun and versatile?
    Ive been looking at the other performance hybrids. Ill be surfing primarily east coast us waves.
    Im 6'1, 185lbs , intermediate.

Maybe a Unibrow in the same size?

Comment

Originally posted by prjwebb View Post
      Maybe a Unibrow in the same size?
      Thanks.

Comment

Mini Driver is another good option but the UB will feel more similar to the Dom.

Comment

This is what everybody has been looking for ever since they came out with the Dominator. I really wish they would just take the Dom and stretch it out thinner without getting anymore creative with the shape.

Comment

So agree with that. It would be perfect.

Comment

agree with Prj!

Comment

thanks for the feedback. Just bought a 5'7 baked potato and its a blast in smaller stuff, even with a 4/3 n. Do you all think a good addition to the Baked would still be the 6'4 unibrow? Im 6'1 185lbs, surf east coast waves.

Comment

Daveyj I have tried a Dom, HF, CC, Spitfire all to compliment my BP 5'9" and they were all okay probably the Spitfire was the best but had larger wave limitation. I got a Vanguard 6'2" last week and have ridden it from 2ft to 12ft faces and it's all over it it's such a good transition from the BP it not funny, the board is a high performance however you can ride it as high performance as you want or just cruze, have a think about one.

Comment

Originally posted by daveyj View Post
                    thanks for the feedback. Just bought a 5'7 baked potato and its a blast in smaller stuff, even with a 4/3 n. Do you all think a good addition to the Baked would still be the 6'4 unibrow? Im 6'1 185lbs, surf east coast waves.
                    i think the unibrow is going to be the ultimate east coast board.. haven't gotten mine wet though but it just looks perfect.. plenty of volume under chest to get into short period waves and really nicely refined tail to throw some tight turns in the pocket.. hopefully get it into some waves down your way this summer (surf city pier) :)

Comment

Surfed the UB in very sucky clean surf just a touch above overhead this morning. It went absolutely fine. Great even. Full stop. It's also true to say though that my Q5 would have offered just a touch more control on that first drop in/bottom turn. This board could easily be a one board quiver if conditions don't often get above 1.5x overhead.

Comment

yeah i agree with buzzy, i like the Unibrow in good waves quite a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by nn66 View Post
                          Daveyj I have tried a Dom, HF, CC, Spitfire all to compliment my BP 5'9" and they were all okay probably the Spitfire was the best but had larger wave limitation. I got a Vanguard 6'2" last week and have ridden it from 2ft to 12ft faces and it's all over it it's such a good transition from the BP it not funny, the board is a high performance however you can ride it as high performance as you want or just cruze, have a think about one.
                          thanks for the feedback. that shape intrigues me and ive read alot about planing hulls etc. i will check it out for sure.

Comment

nn66 is right about the VG. i surf it big and small, high performance and old school. u can draw lines or just pound the lip, its a real fun board. i wud typically ride a 6'4 or 6'6, but can go 6"-8" shorter w the VG. its basically the high performance version of the ADD. the ADD is a longboard w/o the nose and the VG is a shortboard w/o the nose. compact flotation at its best.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                              yeah i agree with buzzy, i like the Unibrow in good waves quite a bit.
                              Chris. Why is there no Unibrow specific category on this forum?

Makes it difficult to find consistent info.

SoCalGary

Comment

Working...
                              X