X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FCS Fins?

Lets try to follow some format on this one. List your favorites and what conditions you use each set up in. Trying to get some new ideas to try out and this will also be good for the new dominator owners.

Dominator size:

Your weight:

Thruster set-up:

Quad set-up:

Thoughts:

drtrdr here is mine:

Dominator size: 508

Your weight: 175lbs

Thruster set-up: K2.1s

Quad set-up: Stretch

Thoughts: Love both of them. Thruster in punchy but peeling surf and quad in fast, down the line, micro-tubing surf.

Cheers

Comment

Dominator size: 6'4"

Your weight: 89-91kg (200lbs)

Thruster set-up: PC 7

Quad set-up: Indo Fins controllers

Thoughts: I like the feel of fully carved turns so I really like the PC7's. The added stiffness of the PC construction appears to add drive over and above standard fibreglass M7's, but maybe there's a placebo effect? I don't know. I'm still feeling out the controllers and it's really too early to say but they do appear to have less of the waftiness that I've found of quads in the past. I may try out some GAM's on the Dom in thruster set up (I have them set aside in my mind for a yet to be purchased Hellfire) which I expect will be a little looser than the PC7's off the top.

Comment

Dominator size: 508

Your weight: 180

Thruster set-up: H-3 FCS, a few times with PC-7

Quad set-up: No need. Not yet at least. Have some Stretch Quads eyed for summer time.

Thoughts: I've used both PC7 and H-3s in my 508 FCS DOM. PC7s went fine but I really like the additional spring the H-3s seem to provide in and out of turns. Much more livelier especially in the small stuff. Ridiculously expensive but hey, they got me to bite, and they work REAL good on the DOM.

Comment

Dominator size: 6'4

Your weight: 100kgs

Thruster set-up: PC7's

Quad set-up: SF4'S

Thoughts: I like the PC7's in anything over 3 feet because I can do bigger turns, Quad set up for speed in anything under 3 feet. Playing around with 5 fins too, fcs knubster in a quad and some small stabilizers in a thruster set up with a MRTX at the back. Its all fun.

Comment

Just flipped the thruster set up to GAMs. Not an enormous difference to the PC7, but they feel just a tad quicker off the top.

Comment

When I used FCS
              Dominator 5'10"
              Height 165cms
              Weight 84Kgs
              Thruster setup: The Goods
              Quad:H2
              For some weird reason liked the board better as a thruster than a quad

Comment

Dom 5'8
                81kg
                K2.1
                But I swap the centre fin for a tiny G1000
                Feels really loose
                Only ride it as a thruster
                Tried with the knubster slash quad setup but felt weird

Comment

Dominator 6'0"

Weight: 79Kg

Thruster set-up: MR TRX

Quad set-up: no word on this

Thoughts: I got this MR fins from my El Fuego because they work well in almost any board. Love them :-)

Comment

Just an update: I'm now using K3 thrusters. Best balance of drive and looseness so far. I hardly surf it quad style. The K3's are a tiny bit under gunned as waves get bigger with me overpowering the fin on occasion but 99% of the time they work and work better.

Comment

Yeah I found the K3 were the money thruster set in my Spitfire too.
                      Speaking of which, I sold mine to my mate nearly a year ago and he still hasn't paid me!

Comment

Originally posted by prjwebb View Post
                        Yeah I found the K3 were the money thruster set in my Spitfire too.
                        Speaking of which, I sold mine to my mate nearly a year ago and he still hasn't paid me!
                        Hmmm Id be reviewing that "mate" status if I were you.

Comment

Ha yeah it's a bit like that. We've been mates for over 20 years so I know he's good for it, it's just a case of cornering him!

Comment

Originally posted by prjwebb View Post
                            Ha yeah it's a bit like that. We've been mates for over 20 years so I know he's good for it, it's just a case of cornering him!
                            I have a mate like that he'd always borrow money and when I finally got it back, inevitably he'd borrow more later that night! He works and lives in the UK now, he waited patiently for me to fly in from Edinburgh (during the oil fire schmozzle when flights were delayed/cancelled left right and centre) paid for dinner at some restaurant next to the eye and paid for my cab ride back to Kensington...the UK seems to agree with him!

Comment

Working...
                            X