X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dominator Size

I am 41 years old, weight 68kg, 1.75 m (5.7 ft) and I'm in good shape. I have an intermediate level of surfing. I surf 2 times a week. I Surf with a 511 x 19,50 x 2'1 / 2 ( 29 liters). I have done a test with a HF but i felt it to unstable for me. Im thinking about a DOM. I surf beach breaks usually from 1.6 ft to 5 ft. But i really cant decide what best size for the DOM. The Volume calculator indicate Min 27 Max 30, but im afraid that a 5,6 DOM would be to small specially for 4-5 ft waves. If someone has already tried a board with this size, please give a feedback.

When you say 1.6 to 5 foot do you mean thigh to shoulder high, or double overhead? If the former the Dom would be great. I'd suggest a litre or two (or even three) more than a performance shortboard.

Comment

I meant 3 to 5 ft. which will match to waist to head high.
      Considering the current volume of my board (29litros) then the best approach is to the 5'8, right?

Comment

• Phill
        Phill commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah thatll be a good fit. If the waves are juicy it won't be the best board for head high but it'll def be surfable through that range.

tks Phill. Would the Spitfire be a better option for those conditions?

Comment

• Phill
        Phill commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah comparable. The spitfire might have a touch more grip in the tail and more drive off the straighter tail line but both have a lot of area throughout and a full foil/low rocker. They will have suble differences in the way they perform but they will suit the same conditions.
        If you'll be in headhigh conditions more often than waist high, the Unibrow, Chubby Cheddar or Pile Driver could be good picks. The Activator is a good alternative to the Dom/Spit too.

The SF will be comparable to the DM in those conditions.

- Firewire Intern Josh

Comment

Working...
      X