X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help choosing board coming from an Addvance

first off my stats: 5 month on Nsp 7'4" funboard, 1 month on Firewire Addvance 6'10 I"m 5'6 125lbs. Just sold the Addvance because it was too much float didn't like the feel. Now I don't have a board and thinking of getting a Dominator 5'8 or Lost Layzboy. I surf at Cocoa Beach florida. Please help recommend if I should stick with Firewire or go the Lost model. I want something that catches waves easily and fun but not bulky like the Addvance. thanks

I think that both of the those boards would work out really good for you in that you'll be able to catch waves really well and you'll be able to enjoy some turns and improve your surfing skills. Just be really mindful of the volume and don't go too big. Use the Firewire volume calculator to pick the size of the board.

Comment

For sure, a 6'10 was too big for you. Do you try a 6'6 addvance ? Addvance is the kind of board great for beginners and that you can keep after, to have fun in lot of conditions....

Comment

The Dom could be a good transition board for you from the ADD. See if you can find a surf shop in Cocoa Beach that demos Firewires and you can try one out for yourself - that'd be your best bet to see what you like.

- Firewire Intern Josh

Comment

Working...
        X