Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fins for dominator

hey guys,
    I am 160 lbs and ride a 508 dominator. I want a new set of fins and i was wondering what you guys ride on your doms. I would prefer a quad setup but i would be open to look at a thruster setup too. Currently i ride the cheap fiberglass fcs fins. My board has fcs boxes. (fusion not the keyless ones) I will surf the board from 2-6 foot waves normally.
    thanks

I personally like the K3's as a thruster and just throw in QPX trailers when swapping over to a quad. I have 40lbs on you though. I'd have thought PC5's as quad and thruster would be good. Maybe the other Kelly fin, the K2.1 which comes as a 5 fin set up? I personally like a thruster if the wave has even a bit of push and use a quad only where I want to hang on to my speed at all costs; the speed of a quad comes with less drive, power and precision in turns for me.

Comment

Stretch Quads are amazing on Dom and Spit models... I've heard good things about the K2.1's and also WCT fins...

Comment

I've had pretty good results with the FCS Nexus Quad set (mediums), you can use a stabiliser fin and that seems to work well too. Tried my Shapers S-YU's today as a thruster, which are more drivey and raked back and it seemed OK although I'm not sure I could handle a more upright fin set.

Such a nice board the Dom, with the new models it's easy to overlook this gem.

Comment

Working...
        X