X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vowbeachbum View Post
    sorry chris just read alot of nonsense online.
    You have to add some perspective to the stuff you read online. People tend not to post everyday that they didn't break their board. However every post made implies exactly that, otherwise the poster would be sure to mention it, right? So if you were to tally up the other posts versus the ones about breakages you probably get a better perspective on how small the failure rate is. And then of course as PRJ touched on, you can't believe everything you read on the internet!

I didn't break my spitfire today, or my hellfire either and I surfed both. I brought my HF with me based on the expectation the surf would be as good as yesterday but it was chest high and weakish, the HF worked on the better ones but it was definitely a spitfire day. Once I returned with the spitfire my fun per calorie ratio increased significantly. As the onshore breeze came up it kept on delivering both fun and performance. I don't think you'll have any regrets. I'm very happy with my SF although I'm hoping now with autumn upon us in Oz the HF utulisation rate will increase markedly.
    Last edited by Slowman; 04-01-2012, 12:35 AM.

Comment

good words all. thanks for the post slow man.

Comment

hey if i grab a dominator.. what size should i get. im 170 lbs 5'9 and a decent sufer. i'm kinda sketchin about goin to small for those 1ft days that I wanna try and push it (dont have enough money for a SP). Help would be appreciated in. :)

Comment

i'd say 5'10 or 5'8...im sure someone will chime in for more info

Comment

vow, get that board in the water yet?

Comment

Stevie, I'd put you on the 5'8", but if you really want to maximise catching the smallest of waves you could step up to the 5'10" but there would be a small performance trade off in favour of the paddle power.

Comment

Yeah I agree with Prj as well. 508 if you want the best blend of performance and usability and the 510 is you REALLY want to get after extra float. I think, though, if you are looking to push your surfing, its the 508 hands down.

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Fritzkat View Post
                  vow, get that board in the water yet?
                  tailpad, fins and new wetsuit still havent come yet.water here is 42 and my 3/2 isnt cutting it.really sucks too cuz this morning was waist to chest high glassy and clean.would have been a fun test day

Comment

Thanks Guys! 5'8 it is

Comment

Just got done reading through this post and was wondering what the Future Fin equivalent of the K 2.1's are? Can't wait to see how the fin testing goes.

Comment

The WCT are the closest, but apparently don't work as well for a larger guy as the 2.1.

Comment

yeah I agree prj, that is the closest fin, although I am not sure i have heard that bigger guys don't like the WCT...

Comment

i found a pair of the rusty 5 fin rtm new for 90 bucks and they came already so im going to give them a try once my damn booties and gloves get here.and waves get alittle better...im feening to get into the water.board check stomp pad check wetsuit check fins check.booties and gloves nope!!!! dont need a hood.hate them.also still waiting on the 5 fin am2 to arive.water here is 42 degrees.so cold

Comment

heres a video of when it gets pretty good during winter.its not me surfing,i found it on a site.there is waves in new york city

http://youtu.be/Q4DStAoPmX8

Comment

yeah gets super good there. I have had it windy like that where you feel like you are surfing a conveyor belt.

Comment

Working...
                                X