X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dominater vs Spitfire vs Proctor Monsta

hi there,im a bit confused on what to get.i almost pulled the trigger on the dominater a couple of months ago but bought a house so i had to wait a bit.now im ready but cant decide since i read to many fourms lol
    im 6'4 218lbs and surfed for 15 years off and on.took a 4 year break do to being stabbed in lower back.the last 3 years i been surfing a funboard 7'3 quad on small days and a old 6'10 wrv shortboard thruster on bigger days.its mostly 1 to 4 ft and rarely double overhead.i've been doing some reserach and cant decide on what to get.im not a shredder but im no soul surfer.im 31 in good shape and just want to try and step it up this year.i can do cut backs,smack the lip and floaters.
    reason im posting is cuz im old school and not new to all the new board designs.i just want a board that gets into waves early and loose with alot of drive.i also like to catch alot of waves.i like volume! thing is i also want it for those double overhead days that sometimes come around at the end of the year and for hurricane season.hope ya'll can help me out.i surf whenever theres waves...if its a weekend and theres waves im in all day.and if its a work day and i see theres waves i use a sick day...heres my choices.

i would ether get the

6'6 dominater
    6'6 spitfire
    6'6 proctor monsta 21'' x 2 3/4

all ridden as quad since i love them

Can someone give me some advice on what to get.

Comment

The proctor Monsta will get you covered in bigger days I believe. In your case I would go for the Spitfire. Since you lake the "junk in the trunk", 6'6" will float you plenty. The Spitfire will be a bit more performant than the Dominator.
      Have yuo taken a look at the Potatonator?. Could be another interesting option if you want to downsize a bit

Comment

Thx for replying,think im going to go down to my local shop and hold the spitfire and pnator and choose between them two.maybe get the proctor in july towards the end of the summer...I've been reading so many threads that my mind is alll screwed up.

Comment

Nothing better than go there and feel the boards!!!.By July you might have changed your mind!!

Comment

went to shop today they dont have any spitfires in stock till june and pnator seemed sexy but not that stolked about it.dom i seen also.for some reason spitfire is calling my name.also its online free shipping for 665usd brand new.so think ill grab that.with my weight 215lbs now and still losing weight.what quad set should i start with?

Comment

Yeah I agree on the Spitfire although I wouldn't be too keen to take it out in double overhead, but up to 1.5 overhead I enjoy it.
              Are you looking at Futures or FCS?

Comment

future,whats a good quad set to start from with my weight and ht.6'4 215.and id get a 6'6 on ether dom or spitfire
                Last edited by vowbeachbum; 03-14-2012, 07:42 AM.

Comment

The AM2 5 fin setup is definitely a good candidate which will offer the flexibility of both setups:
                  AM2 5-Fin

Front Fins:

Height: 4.73 in, 12.01 cm
                  Base: 4.49 in, 11.40 cm
                  Area: 15.98 sq in, 103.10sq cm

Center Trailer

Height: 4.49 in, 11.40 cm
                  Base: 4.63 in, 11.76 cm
                  Area: 15.32 sq in, 98.84 sq cm

Quad Trailer

Height: 4.00 in, 10.16 cm
                  Base: 3.88 in, 9.86 cm
                  Area: 12.39 sq in, 79.94 sq cm

A popular template for the light footed large surfer. The large base with medium tip helps with powerful bottom turns and releasing the fins off the top. Try this laid back template in wrapping point breaks. Riding the quad rears instead of the center fin will add drive and hold.
                  Attachment
                  Attached Files

Comment

those look sick.will those still be able to slide around when wanted?what about the simon a sa4 quad set.

Attachment
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by vowbeachbum View Post
                      those look sick.will those still be able to slide around when wanted?what about the simon a sa4 quad set.

Attachment
                      SA4 - Simon Anderson

Outline: Simon Anderson

Front Fins: FSA4

Height: 4.63 in, 11.80 cm
                      Base: 4.51 in, 11.50 cm
                      Area: 15.80 sq in, 40.10 sq cm

Rear Fins: FSA4 Quad Rear

Height: 4.36 in, 11.10 cm
                      Base: 4.14 in, 10.50 cm
                      Area: 13.24 sq in, 33.60 sq cm

Base Depth: 1/2 in. only

A template designed for smaller surfers looking for hold and power in the large category. The large base allows you to create your own speed while the large tip helps you stay on rail. Riding the quad rears instead of the center fin will add drive and hold.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by iggy View Post
                        SA4 - Simon Anderson

Outline: Simon Anderson

Front Fins: FSA4

Height: 4.63 in, 11.80 cm
                        Base: 4.51 in, 11.50 cm
                        Area: 15.80 sq in, 40.10 sq cm

Rear Fins: FSA4 Quad Rear

Height: 4.36 in, 11.10 cm
                        Base: 4.14 in, 10.50 cm
                        Area: 13.24 sq in, 33.60 sq cm

Base Depth: 1/2 in. only

A template designed for smaller surfers looking for hold and power in the large category. The large base allows you to create your own speed while the large tip helps you stay on rail. Riding the quad rears instead of the center fin will add drive and hold.

so will these work for me? or should i get the 5 fin set? am2?

Comment

I would go for the 5 fin setup, will have you pretty much covered.Stable but yet loose off the top

Comment

does the spit and dom paddle the same?

Comment

Yep

Comment

Working...
                              X