X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with fin selection....Futures

Little help with fin selection please!!! 220lbs 6'5" on a 6'6" Dominator THRUSTER!!!! Intermediate... Any help would be appreciated!! Thanks!

Panchos? I'm not very familiar with futures templates, especially large ones so I'll let other go a bit deeper!

Comment

pancho's, simon's SA3's, am2's(larger am template in futures)... simons SA3's would be a good starting point for you in that board...if you push hard and they feel small then up it to the pancho's...am2's may be a bit too small in the tip and raked for you...so look at them last...if you dont push with full back foot pressure yet and the simon's feel a little stiff, then throw in a jc rear fin or even a DEVIANT rear fin for easy rail to rail transitions...at your weight go for the honeycomb's...the cheap plastics will be too flexy...

Comment

rode a 604dom recently while a guy test rode my hellfire...if memory serves, it had fcs 7's in it...at 90 and a bit kg's it was just enough fin...the futures sa3 has a tad more to push off so a good start point...that smooth tail and outline shape would lend beautifully to the deviant fin...would feel like butter....

i use the sa3's in my 510 hellfire and never feel the need to swap them out...on narrower tails (normal shortboards) they are too big and stiff...
        Last edited by core personal training; 03-13-2012, 02:31 AM. Reason: kant spel good

Comment

Thanks!! I got the SA3s yesterday and am going to get in the water tomorrow with the new stick. Unable to today as I sit at work. Will check back in and give feedback after I get a surf in. Thanks again

Comment

cool...hope you get good waves..!!

Comment

Yeah let us know how it goes!!

Comment

Nfs80,

How did those SA3's go?

I am about to pull the trigger on some myself.

Brent

Comment

Ive been riding the SA as a quad, LOVE it. On a 5'10 spitfire though... Really nice fins, and actually snapped one of the trailers, if anyone has an extra laying around Ill pay for it!

Comment

Originally posted by SDsurf View Post
                    Ive been riding the SA as a quad, LOVE it. On a 5'10 spitfire though... Really nice fins, and actually snapped one of the trailers, if anyone has an extra laying around Ill pay for it!
                    Had the same issue,wrote to futures and they told me they do sale replacement fins as well.Just in case

Comment

Working...
                    X