Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking into buying a dominator. help me pick a size please?

I am 5'10 at 180/185lbs. My surfing ability is a little under intermediate, I am still learning shortboard manuevers and such. I surf cocoa beach, ponce, and new smyrna inlet at least 1-2 times a week. I currently own a 6'2 x 19 x 2.25 thruster squashtail polyurethane surfboard. I am really happy with this board, but on small and/or mushy conditions it doesnt perform well or make sections well. I saw a firewire dominator 6'0 x 20.5 x 2.5 for sale for 200 bucks at my local surf shop, used. would that be too much board or is that good?

Based on your comments a 6'0" Dominator would be ideal. I'd personally place you in the 6'2" to 6'0" range with the 6'0" being the most likely better length. Go for it and good luck.

Comment

...and if the board's in good nick it's a steal at $200. Buyer beware of course!

Comment

Yeah sounds perfect as long as there's no dings.

Comment

Awesome deal if it has no dings, creases, buckles and is still super light. FW doms cost 675 new, make sure the board is clean and the wax is stripped so you can see the deck closely.

Comment

Buddy great deal!!!, just check the board for repairs!!!!. Looks like a potential steal!!

Comment

Thing is, it has a notable rail ding that needs to be fixed. I sucked on it and I could taste the foamy air coming out. It also doesnt include fins or a traction pad (The board is cleaned off wax, with the pad removed). So I buy the board for $200 (plus tax), then buy an epoxy fix kit for $15, pay $20 for a trax pad and $25 more for fins, is it still worth it?
              p.s. I get 15% off everything in the store other than boards, so the final price comes out to $260ish

Comment

so long as the board is dry and doesn't feel water logged.

Comment

Working...
                X