X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 60" or 62 Dominator - 61/186cm, 185lbs/84kg

Just need some advice on the right size Dominator. I'm 61/186cm tall, 185lbs/84kg, 42 yrs old, 30yrs surfing, Int/Adv Skill, but only surfing 1-2x week at mushier spots these days, and am not in as good of surfing shape as I used to be... so need help with my paddle/speed, but still don't want to sacrifice performance too much... Sounds like the Dominator would be a good choice, but am not sure what size would be better for me, 6'0" or 6'2". Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hey Kev,
    you really could go anywhere from the 510 up to the 602 in my opinion. Obviously the smaller you go, the more performance you get but the less paddle ability you get. The 600 would be a great blend of both, but how it paddles will slightly depend on what you are used to riding. If you are a competent paddler the 600 would be my suggestion while the 602 would be the go to if you its all about paddling for you. Yo will get a lot of versatility out of both, however and good performance!!!

Stoked on the interest!

Comment

Buddy you're still young!!!! 6"0"

Comment

I got a 6'2" and I should have gone 6'0. I am 6'3" 185 lbs. I am really glad I got the 6'2" as sometimes I surf a really long paddle out point break and it is kinda nice having the extra volume. I do not like the volume for the beach breaks but I surf the Hellfire for that. Totally up to you as you will be good either way. The 6'0" is probably the call.

Comment

Originally posted by hwork50 View Post
          I got a 6'2" and I should have gone 6'0. I am 6'3" 185 lbs. I am really glad I got the 6'2" as sometimes I surf a really long paddle out point break and it is kinda nice having the extra volume. I do not like the volume for the beach breaks but I surf the Hellfire for that. Totally up to you as you will be good either way. The 6'0" is probably the call.
          Thanks for the advice, I think you're right 6'0" is probably the call. Glad to hear 6'2" is still fun though with all that volume. Stoked!

Comment

Sweet, thanks for the info Chris. Looking forward to getting out there on my new Dominator...!

Comment

yes 6'0" I'm 90kg and I can paddle mine into anything I want. I can even out paddle most long boarders on mine! You will quickly get fitter anyway because you will want to be in the water more.

Comment

I think you could go either but given what you say about your frequency of surfing, ability level and the conditions typically surfed I'd be suggesting the 6'2". Ability level says you could use the 6'0" easily but fitness, frequency of surfing and it being predominantly small mushy waves you surf suggests 6'2".

Comment

I have a 6'0 Dom, plenty big enough, catches waves easy paddles good and I am not as fit as I once was either. Great board as a quad or a thruster. Get one you will love it.

Comment

Working...
                  X