Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100% Fun

Hi,

I'm portuguese, 42 yrs and after a +20 yrs hiatus i've decided to surf again. Bought a 6'8 Al Merrick and was a great board to start again but last month i saw a 6'2 Dom for sale (2nd hand but flawless) and bought it. It was the best thing i could do!!! I'm having so much fun with it in "summer waves" (3/5ft) and i'm narrowing the gap between my "old" surf and my "new" surf.
    It's a great, great board!!! When i'll buy another board it'll be a smaller FW
    I'm using FCS K3 as thruster and the seller gave me the SF4 quad set. Heaven't tried it yet..
    I'm 5'8 and 62kg - are this the right fin options for me?

Cheers
    Last edited by Huyseman; 07-03-2012, 07:12 AM.

Yeah I think both are good sets for your size. I really like the Dominator as a quad so definitely try those SF4s. Very fun!

Comment

Thanx Prjwebb.

Is it worth to try the K3's with SF4 rears? Does it make sense?

Comment

Yeah, could be fun! Always worth trying for a couple of waves. If it's really not working run back to the car and change them round.

Comment

I Ride Dominator as a Quad, Not enough drive with a Thruster. if anything fill in that empty thruster box with a snubby fin.

Thruster is ok if the waves are steep and you want some late slide in take offs into a possible Hollow section. But Dom's mostly like to play on the open face of the wave not the barrel.

If you know what fins you like on a normal PU HP board then go a size larger for that energy twang you get from the drive.

Comment

Working...
          X