Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dominator Light Gray (Real or Fake)

Hi Everyone,

I just came across a Firewire Dominator that is light gray and not white. Is it an older model or is it fake? I read in the post somewhere that its an earlier version. How old is that board? Is it true? Anyone can answer that? Should I buy it? Thanks

The Henry

I know some of the earlier boards came in solid colors.
    Pics would help but it's most likely real.

Comment

Attachment Attachment
      What you think? Super old board?
      Attached Files

Comment

Are you sure it's grey and that it's not just the pictures? Have you seen it in the flesh?
        I'd have thought the full color boards would have been gen 1 or 2 which were before Rapidfire was around and there was no F infront of the board name on the rail.

I could be wrong though, Chris will know more than me.

EDIT: Just been doing some searching and the full colors were still being done after Rapidfire became available so that would check out if it is infact grey.
        Still looks like a dodgy photo to me though, but it's not a fake Firewire.
        Last edited by Phill; 07-06-2012, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Here's a nice yellow one, dated April 09.

http://forum.surfermag.com/photopost...Boards_027.jpg

Comment

Yeah, I seen it in person. I bought the board, its sitting in my dining room. i took the picture lol. it is definitely grey. so its legit???

btw... i cant see the yellow firewire dominator picture. please resubmit.

Comment

Looks genuine to me, anyway the #39789 will tell us, but who would bother putting on fake serial numbers? If it were a Chinese fake, the serial number would be all 8s LOL (8 is close to the Chinese character for luck).

Comment

yeah totally legit. just an older build. we have a grey one in the fleet here.

Comment

Working...
                X