X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what size Dom?

Just like everyone else in this forum I need a bit of guidance on sizing. Im a 34 yr old, 175 lb novice (3-4 yrs surfing, 25-35 days a year) living in New York. The overwhelming majority of my days are spent surfing mushy 2-4' beachbreak though I do travel to PR and have a trip planned to Nicaragua for next spring/summer. I'm presently surfing a 7'6" Walden Mini-Magic which has been great but I really want to get something that will be more exciting & interesting to ride. Easier & more aggressive turns without sacrificing too much paddle power/ wave catching ability- is that too much to ask for?
    Anyway, I've been eyeing the Dom online for a while and finally got my hands on one a week or two ago and now can't get it out of my head. I know its what I want as I heard angels singing when I held it under my arm at the shop (you all know that magic feeling I'm talking about). I'm just stuck on sizing. I know its going to be a bigger one, something around 6'2 - 6'6 I just can't decide which one.
    Any suggestions guys? Nev or Dan if you're out there I'd love to have you weigh on this one if you could.

Thanks in advance ,
    bill

I'd push you towards the 600 or 602 I reckon. I think if you go too big you'll start feeling over foamed because your surfing will come on leaps and bounds on that board.

Comment

6'2"

Comment

I'd say 6'2" as well, but you may find yourself eyeing off a 6'0" in 12 months. Best to get the board that works best for you now.

Comment

yeah I agree with buzzy here for sure. The 602 is the way to go and if you develop quickly enough that you are downsizing in a year, then you are stoked!!

Comment

Working...
          X