Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I thought it would overlap with the Uni, but it must feel a pretty different, right?

Comment

I'm unsure and torn on what to buy (again).

The short list;

Double agent
      Vader or VG in LFT
      Nano

The long list;

You name it.

Comment

Hi Chris or anybody - is there any video of Dan or anyone surfing the double agent - hasn't anyone posted anything?

Comment

• Phill
          Phill commented
          Editing a comment
          I saw a photo of something doing a full rail turn on one that there's no way you could do on a potato or even a dominator.

Hey Jus, I'm after the same thing. I've searched and searched, but I can't find any reviews or videos of the Double Agent. I've got a 5'9" Uni that I love, but I need a small wave board. I'm trying to decide between a 5'3" Baked Potato or a 5'6" Double Agent. The Double Agent is winning at the moment because it looks so new and sexy, but I'm not sure if it's the right choice. What do you think?

Comment

Hi Goodfish - yeah I have UB which I love, I have a SP which has been fantastic, it actually surfs waves less than a foot and is fun, it flies but gets unwieldy at waist high. I have a dom but the UB has replaced that - I don't know if I even need a board between those two but the DA looks cool but would probably end up just shorter than UB anyway

Comment

Jus, what size DA are you thinking about? I want the 5'6", but I'm thinking the extra volume in the 5'8" would be better for the smaller waves...I wish we had more info on the board! Josh, any help?

Comment

The way i see it the DA bridges the gap for those that fear the shortness of potatos and i imagine will be a little more high performance (i also saw the photo pill mentioned) but wont have quite the mega grovel on very small surf.

I had a quick look at one at the aus surf convention and id love to give one a go but for me a BP is gonna be a better absolute bottom out board for a quiver and have less overlap with your daily driver (UB for you)...

So i suppose it comes down to what you are looking for.

Comment

Yeah, what you say makes sense, but I'm drawn to the DA. The only question is do I go for the 5'6" (29L) or the 5'8" (31.3L). The profile of the board seems to let the volume be reduced without losing the paddling power and small waveability, right? I'm thinking the volume under the mid-section to chest is the most important are for paddling, so a lower volume DA should still work well in the small stuff, right?

IF ONLY WE HAD A REVIEW TO HELP US INSTEAD OF ORDERING BLIND!

Comment

• Phill
                  Phill commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Based on how much volume has been removed from the back half of the board I don't think you'd ride it with as much volume as the potatoes for instance. I'm sure you could though but for me it looks like a board for good quality small waves where there's still enough power to jam that thin tail. For making something of nothing a potato is going to be a safer bet.

Thanks, Phill. I got this insight from Chris at Firewire today, he recommended the 5'6" for me. I hope he doesn't mind me sharing...

"The way the foam is laid out, I actually find it to catch waves easier than my Potato and it has a higher level of performance because the tail is a bit narrower and thinner. When you are talking small gutless waves or punchy little beach break rippers, this thing is a blast. As always, keep in mind that it is a small wave board so when you take it out in head high surf you’ll feel like you are missing something but its manageable. Anything below stomach high and you are laughing."

Sounds perfect!

Comment

Goodfish, what's your height and weight? I'm curious to know how many inches shorter or volume would be ideal based on what Chris told you

Comment

I'm 184cm and about 76kg.

Comment

Okay, so based on Chris answer along with the last paragraph in the description of the board page it would be safe to say this board should be ridden around the same volume as a potatonator. I used to ride a potatonator 5'2 so a DA 5'4 would be the nearest perfect size
                      Last edited by OceanMindedBoy; 02-27-2014, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Hello, I'm new here and this is my first post. Quite intrigued by this new shape and like the rest here, very much wondering how it will work in the water. From what I understand, this board is to be surfed more front footed compared to the potatoes. So besides offering more performance in the same range, also a slightly different riding style. What are your opinions ?

Comment

• Phill
                          Phill commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Front foot through the slack sections back foot in the pocket.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSD9cpRubrs

Comment

You sir, are a legend! I'm in even more love with the DA's shape than I was before. Seems like it's got all the great grovelling material of the potatoes coupled with the performance of the Unibrow. Can't wait until mine arrives!

Comment

Working...
                          X