Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Goodfish or any other DA owners (eg. the Firewire Team), can you please throw some ride reports up when you have some under your belts?

Very curious to know how this board performs as a groveller compared to the BP and the Potatonator.

I currently have a 5'3" BP and looking to replace it with a Potatonator (5'6") or a DA (5'6") to compliment my 5'9" Unibrow.

Would prefer less of a transition from BP groveller to my Unibrow. To be honest, if the surf is so small I need a BP, it's probably a good time to do my chores LOL!

Will the DA come in any other tech in future eg. Timbertek or LFT? Not a big fan of FST. Love my Timbertek Uni FYI.

Comment

I posted this quote from Chris at Firewire earlier in response to my questions about a DA as a groveller:

"The way the foam is laid out, I actually find it to catch waves easier than my Potato and it has a higher level of performance because the tail is a bit narrower and thinner. When you are talking small gutless waves or punchy little beach break rippers, this thing is a blast. As always, keep in mind that it is a small wave board so when you take it out in head high surf you’ll feel like you are missing something but its manageable. Anything below stomach high and you are laughing."

I've also got a 5'9" Unibrow, and the DA I've got on order is a 5'6". Chris said this would be the perfect size as he rides a 5'9" Uni, and has a 5'6" DA. Hope this helps. I'll try to post something from my own personal experience after mine arrives...

Comment

• aurfalien
        aurfalien commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow, love it, many thanks for the post!
    Working...
    X