X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amplifying Information

Hi Firewire Crew - I am becoming increasingly interested in the double agent but after reading the description about it I am not quite getting a feeling for the way the board operates - could some of you guys who have ridden it chime in and give me a better idea of how it surfs and feels like under foot and chest?

I must say that I am a fan of Monsignor Manns shapes. From the Futura, to the SP/BP, all of them have proven fantastic for me. This one intrigues me with its huge full length double concave and thin tail. wow.

Looking forward to ride reports.

Comment

Today I went to pick an unibrow down in san diego at surfride surf shop and got to see a double agent in person. From the feel and look of it I would describe it as a high performance groveler lol. The tail is thin and so are the rails from the center all the way to the back which means it must be good for turns. It's definitely a board with lots of foam for soft gutless waves. hope this helps a little.

Comment

Yeah it's got me sucked in. Cancelled the nano in favor of one of these in 6'4" for a touch more performance over my PN. Looks like it will deliver on the better parts of my local break and still have the float to get through the flat bits and link up. PN does an admiral job but trying for a bit more

Comment

• OceanMindedBoy
          OceanMindedBoy commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, it definitely has performance to it. I forgot to mention in my last post that because of the shape of the tail and width of the back rails it will be good for bigger waves than a groveler usually works for. I would say chest/head high.

I hope my local has a demo in my size. I'd like to try one but it's not looking like something I'd typically buy off the bat.

Comment

Certainly a different take with the shape. Volume up forward to be able to step up there to get through fat sections, step back on the low volume rear when wave steepest to let rip. The theory suits the particular break I have in mind. Since riding the vg and v4, my PN seems a little lacking

Comment

This might help guys as far as input and info goes

Comment

Working...
            X