X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demoed the Double Agency this weekend

I rode the 5'4" Double Agent this weekend in Pleasure Point @ Sewer Peak in weak waist to chest high surf and the board did work well. I'm 42 150lbs and 5'11" and surf well. I normally ride 29L but I thought this was a great chance to ride something thinner. I would consider this a groveler to small lined up wave board that I would only ride when the waves are generally under chest high. I rode the board with a quad set up with some Future Fins by Firewire (I didn't even know they had their own line!). This board caught waves extremely well had loads for drive and would turn up the face in a snap. It worked as advertised which is a performance small wave board. I would say the one thing I didn't like was if you got out into the flats in front of the wave, say it mushed out and you needed to lay it on rail to get it back quickly it was easy to slide out and end up on your back in a heart beat. I blame the wide tail and only have ridden the board for 90 minutes. I think I fell once in 15 waves so the board is easy to ride and took very little adjustment to surf aggressively.

Advice- I would ride this a few L (2-3 less) than your normal Firewire Boards. With this board being very short and volume under your chest there is no need to ride it bigger. If you do you will get a board that is a cork and you will feel like a sea turtle trying to swim on top of the surface of the water. This board will shoot you out on take off and you will need to have a thin enough rail to control this board. By not going to big your will get much better control. I would not buy this board to large if anything error on the smaller side.

Would I buy it- I think there are other boards I want first but if the right deal came along I might buy it on impulse since it would have a time and place.. I do have a 5"5" Nano LFT coming in 2 weeks and a small budget at this time.

Other than that I tend to ride on my front foot so if you are heavy on your rear foot your experience might be drastically different. I have attached the pic of the board it's in the Van. Shaka Gouch is about 6"1' if that give you and idea how big that 5"4" looks in real life.

Cheers for the write up!

Comment

Thanks for the feedback 360air!

- FIJ

Comment

Not a super stoked review of the board. I mean when DMs other shapes arrived like the SP, BP etc ppl went bonkers, myself included. And I was hoping the same for this baby. Well I'm in no hurry and perhaps by summer I will have it narrowed to 2 new board choices. At any rate many thanks for the candid and honest post 360air.

Comment

Working...
        X