X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DA vs Nano...

First and foremost, excuse the ignorant questions. We all have to start somewhere... I'm looking at getting my second Firewire, the first being a 9' Flexflight. I also recently picked up a friends 7'2 mal and we are starting to get along : ) My stats are 43 years young, quite fit, 178cm and 75kg. Beginner level surfer (spent my whole life practicing everything one can imagine in the ocean until I FINALLY started surfing) now comfortable riding my longboard in a fair few conditions. I live in Greece, on the island of Crete which typically gets fairly weak, knee to shoulder high waves. So when I'm here, they will be my riding conditions for 80% of the time. Other than that, I will also be surfing in Goa India, which also usually has fairly weak/small waves (but can also get some gems at times...). Anyway, want to start shortboarding to complement longboarding. After a fair bit of research on this forum (reading hundreds of posts about these and many other boards) the two boards I'm looking at are the Double Agent and the Nano. I'm well aware these two are not exactly designed for people of my level, but I would rather be challenged at first and eventually grow into them. The sizes I'm contemplating are the 6'2" DA and the 6' or 6'2" Nano. Again, I understand they are not meant to be ridden nearly that big for someone my size, but I'm factoring in my lack of ability and making it easier to catch waves by adding some volume. How would these respective boards ride for someone like me, in my conditions ? Any opinions, advice and constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your help...

If the conditions you normally surf are knee to shoulder high then the DA all the way. The nano really shines in head high.

I'd say the way to look at it would be the DA handles smaller surf and right at the point the DA starts to get out of its league, the nano would be the go to board. A 2 board quiver of those two would be great.
    Last edited by BFILK; 04-04-2014, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Thanks for your advice.

Comment

Working...
      X