X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 2 cents...

Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum(never posted anything) but i've been following it for some time. I've recently got my hands on a 5'8 DA and i've took it already for a couple of spins. First day I was very interested to try it as a quad so I had my futures JJF fronts and the 4QD rears as I wanted to be very loose. The conditions were from shoulder to head high clean lines with some punch. Sure enough it was too loose as I sliped a couple of times on the first bottom turn, but when I made it and once I got into the wall this board revealed it self. It was snappy and drivey as promised. On the second surf I changed the rears fins for some stretch but the conditions had changed as well. Head (with some overhead) high surf kind of a stormy day making it shift between punchy hollow to mush. Must say it hold it self really well. Never felt that the board was "out of place" even when pushed thru carves and turns, over the flats or foams climbs! Amazed by how it holds on late take offs, because due to the low rocker you'd reckon a nose dive would be in order, but somehow I managed to make it with ease. driving the rails was good fun, I think that the low rail and bottom shape really work on this one. Hope that on the next surf it will be, what I recon, perfect conds for this board -from waist to head high cleanner waves- but I have no doubts that this is a potato slayer as you can for sure surf it on their range as well. Last but not least, this board is 21" 1/2 wide, by far the widest shortboard I've ever surfed but you can switch rail on a heartbeat and paddling is a breeze! I'll try to give some more feedback in the future. For reference my stats are 1,75m, 82kg , 30 yo. Lots of words, some better written than others, all to say: It's a keeper!

many thanks Curawong, nice review. I'm stoked!

Comment

Thanks for the review Curawong!

- FIJ

Comment

Working...
      X