X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DA 5.8 thickness?

The web and catalog show the thickness of the 5.8 as 2 5/8. Boardshop posted a link with some very good pictures of the 5.8 and the thickness written on the board is 21/2. This may also explain some of the volume questions about the 5.8 DA.

The 5'6 is 2"3/8 so I'm sure the 5'8 is 2"1/2

Comment

Here's mine...

Comment

Curawong, thanks for the picture. Looks like the thickness of the 5.8 and 5.6 are incorrect on the web site.

Comment

There was a slight tweak to the files which changed the volumes slightly before the DA went into production. Unfortunately, this came after the 2014 catalog was already printed.

- FIJ

Comment

Need help with sizing one of these. I normally ride between 33-34 liters volume which would put me on a 510 DA. The 58 seems more my dims although it is less volume. I have a 510 spitfire and a 58 PN. Suggestions? Im going to dump the PN once I pick up the DA.

Comment

I'm sure more experienced members will chime in but my guess is the 5'8" due to a lot of that volume being under chest.

Comment

Originally posted by Surf fiend View Post
                Need help with sizing one of these. I normally ride between 33-34 liters volume which would put me on a 510 DA. The 58 seems more my dims although it is less volume. I have a 510 spitfire and a 58 PN. Suggestions? Im going to dump the PN once I pick up the DA.
                I was in the same situiation as you Surf Fiend. I had a 5,8 Pnator (sold now) and first went for a 5,10 DA, bad decision it was to corky for my weight. The shop let me switch it for a 5,8 and it was spot on for my level (if i had better surf where i live i could have gone with a 5,6) There is so much foam under chest so it paddles better then a 5,8 pnator. Go for the 5,8 DA if you like your pnator.

Comment

Right on. Im in the market for a 58 DA if anyone is thinking about selling in socal.
                  Last edited by Surf fiend; 05-24-2014, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X