X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hybrid? PN, v2 or DA or not needed?

Hey there, I recently bought a chubby chedda. It's great though the swell has either been 1-2 ft or 6-8ft with only a handful of days 3-4 (what I bought it for). I bought it to complement my 5'3 BP. I love the baked, but do find it can get bogged during a top turn on some waves. Anyway, so I've got my baked for 1-3ft and my Chubbs for 3-5ft (I don't really surf above 6ft). So guess my question is does that leave a spot for a hybrid? I sometimes think yes and other times no, thinking there would be quite a lot of cross over or doubling up. What do you guys and gals think? If so which would you recommend of the PN, V2 or DD and why? Thanks.

The only board I would add is a Hpsb as a step up something like a MB. Play around with fins in your BP ,if it 2-3 the cc should be more than capable. I have a baked v2 and md and would normally ride my BP and md. But still like the v2.

Comment

• Pete.T
      Pete.T commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah probably not a bad idea. Might see how the setup goes and play with fins. What do you ride in your BP? I've got the stretches in at the moment though have also put in AM 1 fronts in when it's slightly bigger.

On my BP, I've had great luck with MR TFX in either tri or quad (G-XQ rears). Totally mental setup.

Comment

H2's (appropriate size for your weight) with a M series set of rear quads (again sized for your weight) and you won't bog your top turns anymore.
      Downsize your rear fins if still using the Stretches. A pair with less tip area than the stretches but not too much rake will loosen it up off the top.
      Last edited by cuttlefish; 05-07-2014, 03:06 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the comments on the fins, that's great feedback. I'll give that a go.

Comment

I have tyre day tone of different fin setups on my BP. I really like the mr tfx with the small rear thruster setup. It's fast as a quad loose and makes the board feel more like a normal shortie and less fat and funny.

Comment

hey a touch late, but there is always room for another hybrid in my opinion. i personally think, if its within your means, a 3-4 board quiver is ideal as i personally like one hybrid in beach breaks and another on points etc. So you just consider things situationally.

hope this helps you get thinking.

Comment

Working...
            X