X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hybrid? DA PN or V2

I recently bought a chubby chedda 5'10. I bought it to complement my baked potato 5'3. At times I find the baked gets bogged during top turns in some waves. However I do LOVE IT and have heaps of fun in it. So I've got my baked for 1-3ft and Chubbs for 3-5ft (don't really surf bigger than 6ft) so my question is does that leave room for a hybrid and if so the DA PN or V2 and why? I chop and change my mind thinking there would be a lot of cross over but can't help but wonder. What do you guys and gals think?

The CC is a hybrid... I would think about what are you actually missing/looking for in your surfing with these boards, where do they let you down?

Comment

• Pete.T
      Pete.T commented
      Editing a comment
      They don't really let me down, it's a great setup to have. I'm just thinking here if it could be any better. Since riding the CC and getting back on the BP I just found it bogging in on the top turn. Likely due to surfing it in a different way over the CC. Was just throwing it out there.

• Peterleo
      Peterleo commented
      Editing a comment
      Try a sweet potato

Pete- I have the same dilemma when I switch from my Nano to my SP. I cannot surf the SP like I surf my Nano, which always leads to a frustrating start to a SP session if its been awhile. I was thinking of adding a DA to the mix and dumping the SP, but then as I really look at it the SP/BP is the only board that's going to let you ride virtually unrideable waves. Sadly what I think we are looking for is not possible. We want to surf 1-2 ft waves, but have it feel like surfing 3-5 ft. My take would be that you'd have a lot of overlap if you go Potatonator/DA as it eats into the upper range of the BP and the lower/mid range of the CC. If you dump the BP for a PN/DA I think you'll miss the low end of the BP and end up taking out the CC in the stuff the PN/DA are made for anyway. Just my 2 cents, but you could always add a VG/Nano to the mix....Always room for a Tomo!

Comment

good stuff!! so my only 2 cents is that assuming you are a competent short boarder, the baked, sweet and Double agent all have similar low end versatility, meaning you can certainly expect to ride the small stuff well with just different levels of performance and response.

I personally ride my Nano/Vanguard down to thigh high and then get on my Double Agent or Potato...

Comment

• Peterleo
        Peterleo commented
        Editing a comment
        Wise words. Also if your getting stuck at the top of a wave on your sweet potato try smaller rear fins.

If you're looking to fill a gap between the BP and the CC (which is a pretty small gap), then I'd look at the V2 over a DA. I think the V2 is a bit more refined than the DA, and would consider the DA more of a potato-esque board rather than a short board groveller like the V2.

Comment

Forum corporal JBL is right here...

Comment

That's a great point @Josh BL, I've been thinking of adding a V2 in between a SP and Nano but haven't gotten/seen much feedback in regards to the V2.

Comment

My sweet potato rocks in big surf with shapers power quad fins. Elevons fins by futures for aerials and top to bottomsurfing.

Comment

Working...
            X