Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keen to hear how the DA compares to the BP in 1 - 2 ft beach breaks from people that have surfed both.
    I have an oversized SP, looking at either a BP or DA to replace it.

Think a few of you have been waiting for this - https://vimeo.com/96024855

Comment

Wow, cool vid thanks for the link. he has no probs going vertical on it prolly due to the thin tail. I'd say great summer board.

Comment

Daaaayummm he's ripping in that mush

Comment

I didn't like that video. I thought, for someone of Sam's caliber it looked really boggy and catchy off the top and a bit awkward. Then he said he's on the 5'4 and I understood. SL is prob 185lbs+ and usually surfs way more volume. If he's getting the 5'4 going then a properly sized one will have some good low end and I'm sure he wouldn't be overpowering it like he is in that clip.

Comment

When you compare that to a 185 pound guy on a SP, that thing is getting way more vertical. The only guy I've actually seen rip the SP is Chuy and I'm pretty sure he could outsurf me on a Welcome mat.

Comment

Hey Chris, if you ride the DA same length as your nano (5'6"), would I do the same for everyone? I ride nano at 5'10" but where I live, the waves can get weaker when they are smaller? I am probably a advanced intermediate. Ta

Comment

i feel like i want to skim board with this DA. i'll stick to the SP and BP for the small stuff.

ALOHA!!

Comment

i will answer for him...HE LOVES IT! just kidding...i HOPE he loves it.

Comment

Guys id love your opinions on a 504 DA vs a 501 BP as a bottom of quiver serious grovel board for anythig up to 3ft max... Quite a lot less volume in the DA at those sizes however it is thicker AND wider (at mid/wide point i assume) but much more foiled.

Comment

The Da has bite like a pit bull and release like a virgin on prom nite . A real blast on normal to big waves. Goes amazing as a quad. Love the control off either foot.

Comment

my prom night was in the rainy woods getting bit by bugs and drinking bad beer?

Comment

Were there banjos playing in the background?

Comment

Working...
                          X