Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double Agent ride reports...post up your impressions.

Let's hear them, your candid and un-adulterated thoughts on this wicked double concaved, svelte railed sled...the good, the bad, the ugly (the stoked)!
    Tell us what size your riding and your stats.
    If you have a wife tell us what her reaction was seeing the board for the first time?

well the good lady of the house said it was weird... then ugly.
    luckily I like it a little more than her.
    works well in tiny waves as it says on the box and yes I'm yes another VG rider looking for the uber low end grovel machine. tends to get a little tracky but still working with quad set ups.
    vital stats 70 kg intermediate.

Comment

All white boards with firewire stickers and the lucky half has no idea when a new board strikes the household. Although the VG was a challenge on that front......
      Currently my fav board in waves up to overhead which pushes the VG aside on many occasions. Loose and fluid best describes it and gives an easy balanced return on cutbacks, snaps and wraps. I don't grovel below thigh height so went for bottom end of volume range which allows it to go further on it's high end. Had it out in 1.5 OH with little protest from it but was a fattish wall point break so if steep and really punchy I lower the top end and grab the VG or V4.
      6'4" surfed with SA25 Large Quads. Me. 90 KG, 6'2" 56yo. Intermed/advanced. A bit more advanced back in the good old days!!
      Last edited by Denchy; 06-03-2014, 05:15 AM. Reason: added size etc

Comment

So far so good.
        What size are you fellas surfing?
        I'm looking to run with the higher end volume to cover the bottom end and below of my Nano as well as compete with the hordes that infest my home stretch of coastline that have 9' plus boards under them.
        Last edited by cuttlefish; 06-03-2014, 02:26 AM.

Comment

Hey Cuttle We both like our foam I see. Had the same dilemma at my home break-crowds, logs,sups and skis. Got a over volumed 6'6" PN @ 50 Litres with my preferred range is 39-45. Gave the masses a run for their money and it caught anything and could almost get the toes over the nose on the reforms. Yet it still lit up when the wave steeped up. Just had to learn how to bury the rail but good calf muscle helps. Used it for couple years and never took the 6'0" PN out there. Then the Da. Liked the theory of the shape so went lower volume 41.8 thinking the deep entry concave would compensate with lift which it does, very much like the VG on takeover. It's the lowest volume in my 3 board quiver, 6'6"V4 @ 42.2, VG @ 43.5. The hardest to paddle but catches waves way easy. Nearly as well as the big PN. The performance lift over both PN's has me given up any idea of supersizing - never did beat the 9' logs. DA will go well under the Nano. Your own call with the sizing but I don't think you need to go past the mid point of your range

Comment

Alas...I won't be getting a DA anytime soon as I spoke with the Aust distributor today and they reckon more DAs aren't due until Late July/August.
            Apparently they have containers full of Nanos coming instead.

Comment

Cuttle
              What size were/are you going to order?

Comment

I was going to order a 6'6" since it had it's voluminous volume spread out a bit more over a 6'6" of length compared to a 5'9" baked with it's foam more concentrated.
                Could easily ride a 6'4" too if they even had one. Only one I can find is a 6'2".
                Kicking myself I just sold my 5'9" baked and now eyeballing a 5'7" and telling myself (and my shoulders) "It'll be ok. You're buggered but you can do this."
                I've been looking at how close the 5'7" baked and the 6'2" potatonator (I used to ride) are in surface areas with the smaller baked having more nose and tail width plus a higher stability rating, which is interesting.
                I really wish Firewire had the nano and the DA specs on board compare so I could run surface area comparisons with other models like the sweet, baked and potatonator.

Comment

• ONeal
                  ONeal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Cuttlefish was that 6'2" DA in FCS or Futures?

• ONeal
                  ONeal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Cuttlefish was that 6'2" DA in FCS or Futures?

Finally got my DA! Feels great, can't wait to try it! Love the crazy concave! I tried to upload a pic, but can't make it small enough...

Comment

The 6'2" is at Beachbeats Caloundra store. Didn't ask about fin system. Been on the Gold coast today. Not a DA to be seen in any of the shops I went to. Volcom have a stack of Firewire but no DAs.

Comment

Finally got some good waves to try the DA for real.

5,8 DA // 72kg // Low intermediate // Chest high beachie.

Had a 2 and a half hour session and had a blast. This board is fun, paddles really well and likes to be turned. Got one of my better waves ever on this thing and it encourage you to try stuff.

My previous pnator was loose and fun but this board feels more forgiving and more suited for my level. Using FCSII medium performer quads. I read from another guy that he kept going towards the beach on really small anklebiters and he was right. Could ride it all the way and try to throw it around on the smallest of stuff. Have also tried a sweet P before and must say that i feel you can catch the same small stuff but have more performance.

Crowds was insane and was getting tired, went up the beach to get my new 5,7 Nano to try for a wave or two. WOW the hype around that board is for real. Speed is insane, this must be the closest thing you can get to a hoverboard because it flies! But thats a different story and looking forward to try it out in better waves.

Comment

Thanks for he report. I've been debating Nano or DA... My current BP is great but getting a bit used as I've been abusive, my bad, sorry BP Lords. Nose is munched but fixed and tail is munched but fixed, fin boxes leak and I'm frankly not going to fix that. Plus my wrist dinged the rail so I use clear tape. Did a floater and the thing sorta hit my hand. The wave tried to punch me I swear.

Comment

Obviously those two boards are very different so you would want to make sure you based your choice on whichever suits your needs better...

Comment

Yeah, Nano or Da? More like Nano AND Da . They would make a good 2 board quiver

Comment

shouldn't the question be DA or BP, to go under the Nano.....which one is the winner?

Comment

Working...
                            X