Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm, that brings up a good point. I will need a BP replacement as she moves on in age. So yea, DA and Nano, and VG, and Vader, and and and... Hell, thinking of getting a SubMoon just to expand my riding.

Comment

Finally got my DA in the water today. It was mainly waist-high slop with the occasional shoulder-high closeout. Felt weird at first, but quickly got used to its buttery and creamy feel...LOL! Really liked to be on an edge, and was super loose. My old Baked Potato was way over-volumed at 39.9, and the DA was dead on 29L, but paddled super easy, and was easy to whip a turn on. On the occasional open face, it really started to feel good. Surfed it with FCS2 Performer quad set up. 5'6" of groveling fun!

Comment

So you went a tad over 10L less? Holy godzookie! Yea, I love the concept and look of this board. Once the ole BP passes, gonna get me one. Super loose as a quad is intersting as I found quads more tight in general. Nice to hear that its loosy goosy.
        Last edited by aurfalien; 06-22-2014, 06:18 PM.

Comment

hi Goodfish,

Do you mind to post your stats again ? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by aurfalien View Post
            So you went a tad over 10L less? Holy godzookie! Yea, I love the concept and look of this board. Once the ole BP passes, gonna get me one. Super loose as a quad is intersting as I found quads more tight in general. Nice to hear that its loosy goosy.
            Yeah, I bought my original BP in Bali on a whim because it looked so sexy in Timbertek. It was fun at first, but quickly felt like a tank - My other boards are all 28L to 29L. Yeah, I was surprised by the looseness it had. I think it's because they tail is soooooo fin that as long as you work with that, it's easy to flick around. Had a couple of nice drops on take-off when it felt like most of the board was out of the water, and I was just sliding down on the tail. Also, I bet it would be super fun on a fat point break...

Originally posted by cliffton View Post
            hi Goodfish,

Do you mind to post your stats again ? Thanks.
            I'm 34, 76kg, and 6'.

Comment

I just wanted to go on record and say that the double agent is quite possibly one of the best boards I have ever owned. It is in a word "badass"! I had the pleasure of riding it in gutless, thigh-high slop , to heaving pre-Bertha hurricane swell... Sorry Bertha the tropical wave preceding you had way more power. Due to the low entry rocker things do get a bit tricky on a steep take off especially if it is choppy. I kept thinking about switching to my HellRazor or DirectDrive flexfire but never needed to. It may not be quite as fast or catch the crappiest of waves as well as a sweet potato but it is just as advertised when it comes to performance. When the wave starts getting to the shoulder to head high range the thing is flat out fun, predictable and generally well behaved. I was trying all kinds of stuff on it from airs to nose picks, tail slides to whatever. Now mind you I didn't make a lot of those maneuvers but came damn close and can honestly say I was the best surfer in the water cause i was having the most fun on my double agent.! It is so amazing at how it is so much better than a SP in regards to performance and in lots of ways better than my beloved HZ in bigger waves.

Also, I tried the new Moonrakerr Quad fins in the bigger conditions and the JC Blackstix thruster set-up in the smaller waves. I know iI probably should have done it the other way around but when it's firing I don't change anything. Dan you are the Mann!

Comment

sounds like an epic board from all accounts. it also seems as though most people are sizing it in the same volume range as their daily drivers...

I'll be sussing out a summer board soon, and at this stage thinking either 509 baked or a 604 DA or or or..., a 600 Retro Foil Quad Fish. decisions decisions

Comment

Just wanted to add that I am 48 5'10" 165 lbs. and my wife is the one who gave it to me for my birthday! She was so nervous that I wouldn't like it, I told her I didn't... I love it! I guess it makes it that much more special. I really believe this could be the ultimate Florida wave.

Comment

What would you blokes say the sweet spot on this board is? Seems like back foot as far back and front foot about mid point right were it starts to thin out?

Comment

definitely Aurf. it love s to be ridden back and comes alive if you surf of the back footed style

Comment

I've been riding firewires since 2011, but this is my first review. First a bit of backstory, the job takes me out of the surf scene so i got into cycling, but when the orders to Melbourne Fl came it was refreshing to know i could get back to my "true love" hobby. First board was a 6'10 Addvance hybrid complimented by a 6'6 spitfire for the good days, found the SF too twitchy due to my time away from surfing so i +'d up to a 6'10 dominator. Finally have my feet underneath me now and the Dominator is gone, replaced by a 6'1 baked potato TT and, finally, the 6'4 Double Agent.

Im 6'4, 235 and my first impression when riding the DA was "crap, shouldnt have bought the baked". Fortunately ive come to grips with both of them and the quiver seems to be just right at the moment. Ive only ridden the DA as a quad (AM2 futures) my stance is somewhat neutral, and on the thigh-chest high days its an absolute blast! I was skeptical of teh double concave at first, but shocked at teh stability of this thing when dropping in late (i was fortunate to catch the bertha swell on the best day, 2-3ft overhead glass).

Once you sort through adjusting to the dimentions you'll really appreciate the time this board gives you to think. The float and easy paddling gives you an early entry, the thinned out tail lets you whip the board around the lip, but be careful with the flat entry rocker, i dug the nose a few times. I did also notice a propensity to slide out on hard bottom turns if your weight is too far forward due to the boards width. In a way its like combining the old school twin-fish soul arch weight-back bottom turn with modern carves and cuts in the lip. I may try this as a tri-but due to my size that may not work out so well.

Overall extremely pleased with it, its perfect for the average surf we get around here and surfers of any level would have fun on it. Hopefully the Unibrow i ordered will fill that final last gap for the rare perfect days.

Comment

Working...
                        X