X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DA vs Spitfire

Anyone ridden both and can comment on the differences or similarities?

Yes I've ridden both. The Da is a better board. Great manoeuvrability with ease. The tail really holds you in on sucky waves . Holds a line brilliantly and turns were you want to. I borrowed a 6,2 which was about 6 inches longer than I usually may use and it just went great. Saving upto get a 5,8 or 5 ,10. But I did have a ball on this well oversized one as well.

Comment

I owned a 6'6 SF about 2 years ago, and frankly any similarities between the two would be very hard to point out. The SF has a flat rocker and has is more back-foot oriented with the foam more toward the rear, also has a more traditional hull. It paddles fairly well (im 6'4, 230) but I found it like to hang in the lip a bit much for my taste, was also kind of twitchy, but that could've just been me being out of shape at the time. The Double Agent is a different story altogether. Foam forward, WIDE, narrow/thin tail, a bit more rocker and of course the double concave hull all the way to the nose. Ive had a lot more fun on the DA and have been out in just about everything on it. In fact I just replaced my current DA with the TimberteK model. It paddles into waves super easy, holds a line very well and gets plenty of speed. it can be a bit tracky, but I think that was me initiating turns incorrectly. Couldn't be happier with it.

Comment

Yeah great response paragon! definitely very different boards, but equally fun in their ideal conditions!

Comment

I had a 5-10 spitfire and liked it a lot but sold it as I like to change up my boards for variety sake. I guess more what I am asking is it geared towards the same wave size type. I ride a 6-0 hashtag when the waves are over shoulder high with punch. Have an uber groveller already so looking for something in between. I have already had a baked potato, sweet potato, potatonator, alternator, futura, spitfire, hellfire, V2 rocket and a TJ Pro for some reason i can't think of right now.

Comment

Working...
          X