X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DA vs Spitfire

Anyone ridden both and can comment on the differences or similarities?

Yes I've ridden both. The Da is a better board. Great manoeuvrability with ease. The tail really holds you in on sucky waves . Holds a line brilliantly and turns were you want to. I borrowed a 6,2 which was about 6 inches longer than I usually may use and it just went great. Saving upto get a 5,8 or 5 ,10. But I did have a ball on this well oversized one as well.

Comment

I owned a 6'6 SF about 2 years ago, and frankly any similarities between the two would be very hard to point out. The SF has a flat rocker and has is more back-foot oriented with the foam more toward the rear, also has a more traditional hull. It paddles fairly well (im 6'4, 230) but I found it like to hang in the lip a bit much for my taste, was also kind of twitchy, but that could've just been me being out of shape at the time. The Double Agent is a different story altogether. Foam forward, WIDE, narrow/thin tail, a bit more rocker and of course the double concave hull all the way to the nose. Ive had a lot more fun on the DA and have been out in just about everything on it. In fact I just replaced my current DA with the TimberteK model. It paddles into waves super easy, holds a line very well and gets plenty of speed. it can be a bit tracky, but I think that was me initiating turns incorrectly. Couldn't be happier with it.

Comment

Yeah great response paragon! definitely very different boards, but equally fun in their ideal conditions!

Comment

I had a 5-10 spitfire and liked it a lot but sold it as I like to change up my boards for variety sake. I guess more what I am asking is it geared towards the same wave size type. I ride a 6-0 hashtag when the waves are over shoulder high with punch. Have an uber groveller already so looking for something in between. I have already had a baked potato, sweet potato, potatonator, alternator, futura, spitfire, hellfire, V2 rocket and a TJ Pro for some reason i can't think of right now.

Comment

Ive ridden my DA in waves from waist to 2ft overhead. The DA will definitely slot right in between your other ones.

Comment

thanks Paragon!. Thats what I was hoping to hear :)

Comment

I find the different fin options can change any board dramatically. But I find the confidence of the rails on the DA are the big difference to low tide sucky waves and the fat rails of the Dominator to fuller waves. The Spitfire tries to address both. But I find the Hellfire a much better board than the spitfire. But all these boards go great with Dave Rastovichs quad set. Tons of hold speed and twang.

Comment

good stuff Peterleo. The hellfire and the double agent definitely have a few similarities, especially in the the bottom contours. I will say though the Dominator and spitfire though are meant to go fast. a little flatter and rippers in average surf. definitely great options if they suit your needs.

Comment

Working...
                  X