• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

agree there, matt, on all counts.

Comment

Originally posted by james View Post
      Thanks for all the replies
      have settled nicely on the 5.9 now. had a few surfs and its been great. stoked on it. was the right choice for sure
      yeah, matt. december on the east has been all time. such a good month
      lets of 2012 brings some more good swells to yorkshire!
      glad to hear it's working out, iv noticed there are loads of firewires around ini yorkshire, looks like 2012 is delievring already, looking forward to saturday reefs

Comment

yeah fair assessment prj,

The tail widths of the two are the same, the only difference is obvious: the diamond vs swallow. my take is the diamond actually adds a bit more lift and makes it better in slightly weaker surf. The swallow adds a little bit of bite and control in faster/steeper surf. The differences are pretty subtle, but a seasoned surfer won't have trouble feeling them. This may seem backwards to some, but keep in mind the shape of the board remains the same and the swallow tail exists at the same width as does the diamond.

Cheers all...

Comment

for reference.....i jumped on the 5'7 yesterday...paddles as well as my 5'10 hellfire...different rocker/outline and foil...i'm 90kg...would ride it bigger, but got by fine on the 5'7.....

Comment

core training....well if you went well on the 5.7 then the 5.9 is def ok for me. had a few more surfs on it now...getting into it! pretty happy
            new models looking good

the next question...which of the new models to get! or pick up a performance hybrid as next board?

east coast uk dawny on tommorow!

Comment

yeahhhh i just grabbed myself a 509 swallow tail this week. surfed it at gutless Oceanside here in SoCal and cursed myself for ever going away from it. nothing better in smaller/weaker ramps surf....

Comment

james, if you like the el fuego style (loopy/semi fishy) then look to the other models with similar attributes..volume/area under front foot and flattish...that way you can jump between them with less adjustment...

chris...the guy with the endlessly rotating quiver...

Comment

I recently sold a surf tech wave rocket. I loved that board. I really enjoy the fishy feel. Was tempted by potato or new models, but was also thinking of checking out quad fish or twin fish for the wave rocket feeling. What would peoples thoughts be? Good for small and mushy waves but also fun in other conditions? Good alternative to all the other hybrids?

Comment

Originally posted by core personal training View Post
                    james, if you like the el fuego style (loopy/semi fishy) then look to the other models with similar attributes..volume/area under front foot and flattish...that way you can jump between them with less adjustment...

chris...the guy with the endlessly rotating quiver...
                    What other models are you talking about with a flat rocker and volume under the from foot? The ADDvance has the volume forward but I wouldn't have said it has a flat rocker. The SP and PN are flat but big tails.

Thanks

Comment

talking relatively..if he was coming up towards "performance" then an example would be something like the futura, which would be a good crossover point...but dont think of the futura as a fish...it isn't..it can be a one board performance quiver...but it is not a "back foot" board like say the hellfire....
                      Last edited by core personal training; 02-24-2012, 02:36 PM. Reason: kant spel good

Comment

That's one thing that puts me off the HF. I'm so front footed on my frontside. I think that's why I get on so well with boards like the Taj.

Comment

thats been my whole surfing life phill...but i obeyed Nev and rode the board and YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Comment

ha....
                            actually my quiver doesn't rotate all that much. I have a core set that I always go back to, but I have to give every board a ride. I am not sure I have upset my fab 4 yet, but some of the new models are making a push.

potato
                            dom
                            fuego
                            alternator

these for cover.....jeez....95% of my surf days.
                            boards making a push, Hellrazor, Michel, Potatonator....

Comment

Working...
                            X