Clear All

Yea Gnubee, I am building the same setup;

BP, EF, HR.

Comment

Originally posted by aurfalien View Post
      Yea Gnubee, I am building the same setup;

BP, EF, HR.
      That's one great quiver right there.

For my skills I'd have the SP/BP - EF - Futura (past true high performance shapes now!)

Comment

I will always have my Futura w/o question.

And prolly add the Vangaurd next year as well :)

Comment

Gnubee and Tallkook,

What fin set-ups are you using on the ELF. I surfed mine today with the K 2.1 set-up and it went ok. For longer points I love the MRTX set-up but struggling to find something that works in beach breaks and other conditions. Just curious?

Thanks,

Comment

Hey hwork50,

I almost always surf mine as a quad with Shapers Quad-E's carbon fibre fins (link below). I mucked around a bit with PC7's and SF4's but found the board really came to life with the Shapers fins. I have just put the MR fins in for my next session, but yet to get a surf in on them. Are you riding your MRTFX with a small trailer as a thruster or two small trailers as a quad or just as a twinnie??

http://www.shapersfins.com/archives/...stealth-quad-e

Comment

I posted in the other thread on this, but Nexus H3s a a beautiful match for the El Fuego. Really make the board come alive. I have mostly been surfing it as a quad - which is still a novelty for me. Works great as a thruster from what I can tell. I'd still like to try the Indofins Controlers.
              Last edited by Gnubee; 11-21-2012, 11:39 PM.

Comment

Yeah, I tried it with the SF4 fins and the K2.1 fins and they just did not work like I wanted them to. So I am going to try my H2 fins and possibly look into buying some of those H3 quad set. Right now I ride it with the MRTX fins and the small GX trailer. I tried the K2.1 fins today with SF4 rears. It went ok, just felt like I was getting up at the top of the wave moreso than normal. I like my fins loose and I like them to feel like they are part of the board, almost like they are not even there and that I can just go anywhere I want to.

Comment

Try it with the MRTX and two trailers, similar to my futures combo I think, really frees up the EF

Comment

This board is so versatile its SIK.

Some one had custom ordered a lemon yellow version and didn't like it. So I swooped in, so glad I did. Standard dims, just custom paint.

Attachment
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by aurfalien; 11-22-2012, 10:18 AM.

Comment

I like the yellow, at least your buddies will always know where you are in the water as well as your wife and kids.

Comment

Thanks man.

I weighed it against my Futura and found the EF 2 pounds heavier. Could be the extra fin boxes plus paint. Negligible impact on my surfing but thought the EF weighed a bit more.

Comment

Originally posted by aurfalien View Post
                          I weighed it against my Futura and found the EF 2 pounds heavier. Could be the extra fin boxes plus paint. Negligible impact on my surfing but thought the EF weighed a bit more.
                          Could be the older versions weigh a bit more? I see it has a vent.

That looks so much like a spitfire, so I decided to compare a 6'0 spit and 6'1 EF. Both have 8.0 square feet surface area and 35.3L of volume. The EF has a slightly wider nose and narrower tail so area is slightly more forward. Thus the balance point of the spit is 1" further back. Too bad I can't see the rockers compared but I expect they are quite similar. Is the EF a single concave like the spit?

Comment

Great comparison, can't wait to get mine and surf em.

Comment

I meant my older FW weighed less then my new one.

Comment

I see. 2 lb is quite a bit are they both FST?

Comment

Working...
                                X