Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I could be misinformed but I believe the newer FST boards without vents are also a little heavier. I think its a good thing.

Comment

Yes, both FST and both with vents. But the Futura is a tri fin were as the EF has 5 fin option plus the paint. So perhaps all that equates to 2lbs?

Comment

across the years there have been minor adjustments to the amount of glass used on the board, but its fairly minor. It wouldn't cause the valve free boards to be heavier. As with any hand sanded board, there is going to be a slight variation in weight from board to board. Its more likely that weight variations are the result of the hand done parts of the production process...

Comment

The Futura is now a 5 finner too (current version).

Comment

My vented 5'9 ef and vented 5'6 dm are both ultra light, purchased close to 2 yrs ago, ventless 5'2 sp is def heavier but it's also got 3.5 ltrs more vol

Comment

yeah my vented FE604 is the lightest of all my FST boards with my MN510 close behind, the CBD TJ600 a little heavier than that and the PT502 the heaviest of the bunch. the PT seems pretty bullet proof though but I'd probably replace it with a white RF if it was stolen.

Comment

Working...
              X