Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• El Fuego and Dominator Reflections, fins etc...

After surfing the hell out of my Dominator and El Fuego (in 4-10 ft., faces), I am ready to post my thoughts. I am 45 yrs, 6'0, 160 lbs, experienced, competent surfer on Kauai. My Dom. is 5'10 Rapidfire-- beautiful bamboo! I tried about 4 sets of Futures fins and settled on the Rusty R1 5-fin set (I usually ride it as a quad). These fins are amazing and match the RF Dom. perfectly- -loose and drivey! Nev wasn't kidding when he said the Controllers are magic for the Elf-- they are by far the best fins for that board, no question. My Elf is 5'11, FST diamond tail. I got the diamond for extra squirt, but I bet the swallow goes insane too. The Dom is better for more vertical "hook" type turns, barrels, and does smoother cutbacks; the Elf catches waves easier and does incredible carves down the line with momentum-- Neither board makes the other redundant. As for a comparison of constructions-- My Rapidfire definitely has more float and is lighter than the FST; the FST has more "catapult" flex out of turns and does feel more solid/durable ( but I haven't put a dent in either construction!). Lighter, more buoyant, stronger, great flex, the aesthetics of wood-- I still don't get why everyone doesn't own a Firewire!
    Last edited by seakale; 08-10-2014, 12:28 PM.

hey seakale,

Thanks for you review and positive words! means a lot to us to have folks come on and share their feel good stories! Makes a difference!

CHeers and keep ripping.

Comment

Mate the 6'1" ElFuego was the one that got away from me sadly - had a buyer there and then so I took the cash.
      for me it was the most versitile, hassle free, easy to ride Firewire I've owned to date

Comment

Working...
      X