Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah Chris 2 weeks on boat then lohis for 1 week and the elf was so much fun rode it 99% of the time from 2 to 6 ft
    (double overhead) . The waves are really user friendly on takeoffs so flattish rocker on elf wasnt problem
    Probably more high performance board on biggest days would have been better but i just couldnt get off it
    Changed from quad to thruster and went great both ways
    the photo was taken from moving dhoni from 3 or 400 metres away part of 15 shot sequence
    the guy chased me up and gave me the photos i was stoked

What more can i say

Love the el fuego

Comment

Yep took my elf and a hellfire to southern atolls. We didn't score great waves but I rode the elf all trip. Handled it with ease. Great board.

Comment

Hedonist and tallkook,

What were your fin set-ups guys? Just curious as I love that board and I will never sell it as it is a permanent fixture in the quiver.

Brent

Comment

Hey Brent, I'm running Shapers Quad E fins in the Elf. Love em.

Comment

Have never heard of those before. Are they similar to the k2.1's or the SF4's?

Comment

I think they are a bit bigger than those mate. I tried the SF4's and didn't like them. Couldn't get the board going. I've found the bigger the fins, the better it goes for me. Going to try MR-TFX with small trailers next to see if that's better again. But I'm really happy with the Shapers. Here is a link.

http://www.shapersfins.com/archives/...stealth-quad-e

Comment

That is funny cause I just got out of the water surfing the ELF and I had the MRTX fins in with a small trailer fin. Not sure if I can do 2 side fins with that set-up or not. If you find something that works let me know as I know the fin set-up is everything.

Comment

Hwork50
                  for thruster i use pc7 side with a bit smaller trailer usually pc5 or sf4 depending on waves
                  for quad pc7 sides sf4 centres
                  tried nubby in front tab with quad setup really stiff didnt like it
                  tried nubby in rear tab with quad setup gave a more positive feel (not as loose) but seemed it could go a bit more vertical. would probably only use the nubby in bigger surf
                  I was just riding it as a thruster for ages then in the maldives had more time to use as a quadand really lovedit as well
                  i find i can jump from thruster to quad without much adjustment time probably do to the boards shape
                  I have heard the k2.1 quad set goes unreal but i havent tried it
                  I am probably not using the ideal set of fins yet but i'll get there
                  By the way i have ridden this board in plenty of double overhead waves and it just sits in the barrel brilliantly
                  Seems to want to sit in the pocket
                  I better stop now Hope this helps

Comment

Hedonist,

Thanks for the fin feedback as I will be trying some of those fin set-ups as well. I am going to have to try the k 2.1 set-up again as I tried it once and it was way to tight for my liking. I like my fins to be loose and free. I agree with you on the board, weird how it can surf small stuff to large stuff no problem. I was in overhead surf last week with it and it was great!!! This board is replacing my DOM for sure, although the DOM still has its place.

Comment

Seriously, Nexus H3s in both thruster or quad match the Elf beautifully. Lots of drive, but still loose enough to throw it into a good turn. Caught one wave on the weekend that on any other board I would have considered a closeout. The Elf just sat right in the pocket and screamed down the line - no turns just speed. Threw in a full cutback and kicked out the back once the wave slowed down. Amazing.

Comment

K3s or H3s

Comment

Those H3's look really intersting. Might have to get some.

Comment

Originally posted by hwork50 View Post
                            Those H3's look really intersting. Might have to get some.
                            Highly recommend that...they work great of the EF

Comment

Rusty, I do mean the H3s. They are $$$ but worth it.
                              Last edited by Gnubee; 10-10-2012, 11:33 AM.

Comment

What fin are they similar too? I have the H2's and the K2.1's and the SF4's. Do they match up too any of those.

Comment

Working...
                                X