X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 6"3 El Fuego ready to rock!

Just thought id post a couple pics of the new stick , hopefully get in sometime this week. Thanks for all of the advise guys, going to try and the s.a large thruster set up to begin with...see how she goes, then go from there.

N.B the hearts are my mums (still living at home) haha!

Thanks once again,

Karl

good looking board.

Comment

Nice! Do make sure to try the Nexus H3 setup. I think it goes really well with the board. I still cant decide if I like it as a thruster or quad overall though.

...I think I just need to surf more...

Comment

Originally posted by vandangos View Post
        Just thought id post a couple pics of the new stick , hopefully get in sometime this week. Thanks for all of the advise guys, going to try and the s.a large thruster set up to begin with...see how she goes, then go from there.

N.B the hearts are my mums (still living at home) haha!

Thanks once again,

Karl
        are they your graphics or did the board come with them?

Comment

Originally posted by Gnubee View Post
          Nice! Do make sure to try the Nexus H3 setup. I think it goes really well with the board. I still cant decide if I like it as a thruster or quad overall though.

...I think I just need to surf more...
          yeah i will!! look a tad on the expensive side but no doubt il have to treat myself :)
          what fins do you ride as a quad? thruster? and why

yeah added my own graphics

cheers.

Comment

I use the H3s (large) setup for the thruster and the H3 lead fins with GXQ rears. THe H3s have great drive and make the board notably faster - as in remarkably faster- than do other setups I have tried. I have used PC7s a lead fins as well, but found them to be sluggish in smaller waves. I'm still trying to get hold of a set of H3 rears for a full quad set. I suspect that they might add another little bit of snap in the turns. I also want to try the controller-shaped fins from Indofins.

Comment

Originally posted by vandangos View Post
              yeah i will!! look a tad on the expensive side but no doubt il have to treat myself :)
              what fins do you ride as a quad? thruster? and why

yeah added my own graphics

cheers.
              Graphics look good!

Comment

Originally posted by Goanna View Post
                Graphics look good!
                cheers...iv done a few boards now, its not too hard...just takes quite a bit of time if you want to do it properly. iv found that the simple designs come out the best (for me anyway)

here's a picture of the board after taping it all up.

Comment

before spraying i went over all of the areas with wet and dry just to key the surface so the paint has something to grab on to.

so i done all of the green lines first on the far side (everything else had newspaper taped down all over it to eliminate over spray)

waited for that to dry then did the same again on the blue lines (with the rest of the board covered)

then once it was all dry i did 2 layers of clear lacquer to seal the design which prevents the colour chipping or coming off and that was it.

most of the time is spent taping up the board correctly and getting the masking tape on to the board straight!
                  Last edited by vandangos; 03-14-2012, 06:58 AM.

Comment

I've always avoided spraying where the tail pad will sit incase the pad peels off with some paint. I've noticed a lot of boards, Taj's for instance, he sticks the pad down over the paint job like you have and wondered if maybe it's not a problem.
                    Have you every had any issues with that? My new board will be here tomorrow, tempted to get my spray on also....

Comment

To be honest i haven't had a pad come off on a board iv sprayed so i wouldn't really know. I suppose the more layers of lacquer you put over the top of spray, the less likely it is to happen. If this pad comes off and takes some paint off with it i could just paint it back in or it gives me the option to do a new design on the board. To be honest though it would be underneath the new tail pad so you would hardly see it.... if at all.

but that's just my take on it. someone else might have some more input?

you may feel differently but if i were you, id just go for it.

what board have you got coming?

Comment

a custom Taj :D

Comment

Originally posted by prjwebb View Post
                          a custom Taj :D
                          bugger....very nice :)

customs to uk now then?

Comment

nah not yet. i went the long way around that's why it's taken a very long time to get it. once things are worked out to make getting customs to europe a bit more quickly i guess they'll become available here.

Comment

think your gunna beat me phill...it's friday arvo here...mine will be next week.....had a few pros out today having a break from the comp site..pity the waves were tiny..

Comment

Working...
                              X