Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hellfire....but ride it small to get its benefits.....if you want "normal" length then look at the conventional boards...or a razor....or... :P
    Last edited by core personal training; 04-05-2012, 01:15 AM.

Comment

i give my wax a comb every night before bed. and all my boards have their own bed too...

Comment

Gotta clean the wax. Gotta clean the wax. Gotta clean the wax. Gotta clean the wax. Gotta clean the wax. Gotta clean the wax. Gotta clean the wax.
        Clean, clean, clean, gotta wash my hands. Gotta wash my hands, gotta wash my hands.

Comment

Originally posted by prjwebb View Post
          Gotta clean the wax. Gotta clean the wax. Gotta clean the wax. Gotta clean the wax. Gotta clean the wax. Gotta clean the wax. Gotta clean the wax.
          Clean, clean, clean, gotta wash my hands. Gotta wash my hands, gotta wash my hands.
          jajajaj I think I see where this compulsive behaviour might be coming from...

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
            i give my wax a comb every night before bed. and all my boards have their own bed too...
            You sing them good night as well??

Comment

Just thought I'd add to this thread.
              I'm trying to get away from using chemicals to clean my boards up so I picked up one of those Wax Pickle things. Works real well. I hear you can make your own out of a stocking or tights, pantyhose or whatever you US folks call them and some PU foam dust from your local shaper or even some flour. I think the Pickle is probably a bit safer to be using than fine PU dust but that's your call.

Attachment
              Attached Files

Comment

Well I guess its clear most of us have different ideas about wax, waxing & the removal thereoff!

But like grego I was also wondering how to get rid of unwanted wax & wax marks, mainly found on the bottom of my firewires (think its transfered from the board bags or else there a fondler sneaking around putting their dirty little mits all over my boards while I'm not looking)!

Is kero or metho ok or will it damage the top coating of RF & FST? Is white spirits metho? If not what is it?

Anyway, look forward to your answers & more stories about the boardscapers out there!

Comment

White Spirit and Mentholated Spirit are pretty similar but I think the Metho is stronger. Neither will harm your board unless you have open dings, but if your board is nanotuned I reckon it'd strip that off. The wax pickle is ideal for cleaning the grubby prints off the bottom without using any chemicals though. Precisely what I bought it for.

Comment

before swapping the thick MB for the thin one i cleaned it back to new....first time in over 30 years and zillions of boards i ever bothered to remove every trace...FAR OUT...took hours with damp cloth and kitchen roll and SO MUCH elbow grease...sweated out kilos..!!.........NEVER AGAIN......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

ha! a rag with a splash of white spirit and you're done in seconds Dave.

Comment

i'm anti chemicals mate...only things in the house for cleaning are bi-carb and vinegar....back to the way us "normal" mammals do it....rip the bulk off with the scraper and re-wax........who care about the marks....i scuff my bright white sneakers up before walking out in em too..!!

Comment

yeah only reason i have the white spirit is for washing out paint brushes.

good on ya though, i agree a lot of the stuff people use is unnecessary and harmful. the pickle or home made alternative seems like a better option for those of us who like to keep boards clean though.

Comment

how do you clean it afterwards?? doesn't it clog up like a towel would???

Comment

Nah it says the dirtier the better. It seems to lose a little of its dusty contents as you use it which clings to the wax so it wipes away.
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TCnEBojsmg

Comment

cool....

Comment

Working...
                                X