Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i jumped on a 507 with yu fourfins setup on backhand...i dont like fourfins, and i hate them backhand.....but this was fun...enough drive off bottom and totally free off the top... both board and fins should of been way too small but had me hooting

Comment

Originally posted by tallkook View Post
      Hey STC, I've found the bigger the fins the better my 6'5 Elf goes. I didn't like the SF4s at all, just felt like you really had to work the board to get it going. I'm now running Shapers Quad-E's and the board just came to life. I reckon Controllers would be good too if you have Futures or you can get copies from Indo Fins for FCS. The Elf also goes well with PC7's in the thruster setup.
      Agree although I preferd mine as a thruster - PC7's were amazing

Comment

I think i'm going to surf mine a few more times with the standard SF4's and get a bit more feel for it in different conditions. Been riding quads for so long now. Need to surf for an hour on quads then come in and change them around to thrusters to really feel the difference....

Comment

Finally managed to put together a full set of Nexus H3s. I had been running the thruster set, and the front fins with GX-Q rears in a quad setup. As a thruster the board is amazing. As a quad I found it to be fast but a tiny bit prone to tracking. With the H3 Quads in the board is pure magic. All the speed but, to borrow Nev's term, "free-er." The board now turns on a thought and I can still generate tons of speed out of it. What I really notice is how smooth the turns feel. Highly recommended.

Comment

I have Futures. Can't find AM2's but the is a Matt Biolos fin that looks worth a try

Comment

STC67, whatever happened to the end of the fin story. I am going to start some testing here but I only got a couple of sets of fins. Which ones did you like the best of the ones you tested?

Comment

To be honest the Elf has taken a back seat since I got the Pnator, which was an unexpected surprise pressie from my wife.

I've tried controllers but only in small surf and I think they would be better in larger waves. I have some AM2's but haven't had enough time with these either. The best results were Pancho Sullivan's (thruster). These have a slightly wider base and a bigger tip than the AM2's and I find give me the best feel between drive and pivot.

Comment

How you liking that Potatonator?

Comment

Thanks to the posts on this forum, I was able to bring my EF 6'3" to life with a MR TFX in the tri set version.

The first set I used was a totaly wrong choice: M5 quad :-(

Thank to you all :-)

Comment

I was thinking of trying the H2's (FCS) or the MRTX? Tell me how the MRTX fins have changed things on the ELF? (small trailer fin right?)

Brent
                      Last edited by hwork50; 08-22-2012, 03:35 PM.

Comment

I love the Potatonator when the conditions suit it. My local point break is often not barelling and when waist to head high it is so much fun.

It has alot wider wave range than the SP but not a as much fun in knee high stuff and is also not a 1 board quiver.

Comment

Just tried the Fuego with the MRTX fins. It went so well in 2-3 foot waves and I think it went better setup this way than as a quad with the k 2.1 fins I have.

I could almost go off the bottom straight to the top. I will also try it as a twinner with the knubster just to give it a try. I also ordered a set of INDO controller fins to try as I am liking this board a lot and am so glad I bought it.

Comment

Just tried the Fuego with the MRTX fins. It went so well in 2-3 foot waves and I think it went better setup this way than as a quad with the k 2.1 fins I have.

I could almost go off the bottom straight to the top. I will also try it as a twinner with the knubster just to give it a try. I also ordered a set of INDO controller fins to try as I am liking this board a lot and am so glad I bought it.

Comment

I love it!

I mostly surf Trestles and some beach breaks, but rght now I am surfing Baja long points that are around 2-3 foot for the next week or so. I have been down here doing some testing for the past month and loving it

It is a little more floaty than my Dominator and am realizing the potential of the FUEGO! I might sell my DOM. I loved the MRTX fins in it with the small trailer fin. I am 180-5 depending on what I drink and eat. I am 6'3" and am loving the ELF right now. Anything that is 3' and below that is what I will be riding. The HF gets the call for the upper end of the quiver and I am not sure about the SP or getting a POTATONATOR.
                              Last edited by hwork50; 08-24-2012, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Sounds good.

I've got a Potatonator but I think it will have a fair bit of over lap with the Fuego, Sweet or Baked for the smaller stuff I think.

I'm sold on the MR fins!

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                                X