Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the volume of the El Fuego is virtually identitcal to my Hellfire but it's displaced differently and is a flatter board with less rocker it should get into smaller, less powerful waves easier than the Hellfire. Shouldn't it?
    Normally I run FCS but the board I have an opportunity to buy is Futures.
    Does any one know a Futures fin that is similar to the H3 Nexus?
    I just spoke with Futures and the guy said maybe the WCT Honeycomb would be similar. Otherwise from looking at the site it looks like the BlackStix VII F4 sounds like it may also be a good fin. Not familiar with Futures so any help is appreciated.

Comment

I currently ride a 5ft 11 el fuego which I love. I'm off to Morocco for some serious winter point breaks. I have ridden it with the standard fcs quad fins and with GAM 's but when the surf gets to double overhead the bottom turns can get a little sketchy. Can any one suggest a fin setup that would help with the bigger waves. I don't really want to take another board.

Comment

I'd go K3s at the front and some PC quad rears. The stiffer materials will be better in the bigger stuff. You'll want a raked fin like the K3 or Simon Anderson set, not necessarily a large fin.

Comment

I surf my fuego with the K3s they suit the board very well in the solid stuff Moroccan points included, I will be taking this board down to Morocco this winter as it is a proven performer along with a Stealth which I took last last time .H3s great fins aswell .

Comment

Did you surf it as a thruster? Interested in the differences between the thruster and the quad set-up. I have mine with the MRTX fins in it with the small trailer fins. What a great board!!!

Comment

I surf the Fuego as a thuster with K3s feels better on rail for me . I have a Spitfire back in NZ that I have set with MRTX fins , the fins worked well as before I used these fins the board felt to loose in the tail and wanted to stiffen up the board but with a small trailer you can still release the tail when required and push the board hard with big side fins works great .

Comment

yeah i like the sound of that. when you get shorter railed board, a down the line wave and a swept back fin, good things happen!!

Comment

Working...
                X