Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuego fins

Hey,

What fins are people rocking in there El Fuego's?

I got FCS with SF4 Quads and looking to try something different??

MR TFX Twins maybe....

I reckon the MRTFX and trailer would be fun in the El Fuego. Especially if you're a fan of that twin feeling.

Comment

Got my eye on these bad boys

http://store.magicseaweed.com/FCS-MR...ow/Item/13379/

Comes with the trailer fin

Comment

I was thinking about trying the MRTFX. I also want a matching set of trailers for the Nexus H3s up front (which are fantastic in the ElF). I think the trailers might add that little bit of pivot and drive that the GXQ rears lack. Option #3 is the indofins Control-q, which is the same shape as the Futures Controller, only in FCS.

Comment

Did I read on and old forum where Nev recommended Controllers. Would this be only on smaller models?

Comment

Yeah Nev said the Controllers turned his El Fuego into a Super El Fuego.

Comment

Sorry prjwebb but is that "Yeah" only for smaller boards or "Yeah" the Controllers go really well?

I have a vested interst now. :)

Comment

That was on the 5'11. I dunno about bigger ones but it's quite a bit of fin area so could work well. Fin Tree would be a good idea if you can test first.

Comment

Hey STC, I've found the bigger the fins the better my 6'5 Elf goes. I didn't like the SF4s at all, just felt like you really had to work the board to get it going. I'm now running Shapers Quad-E's and the board just came to life. I reckon Controllers would be good too if you have Futures or you can get copies from Indo Fins for FCS. The Elf also goes well with PC7's in the thruster setup.

Comment

Thanks TK. Mine is Futures. I have some JC1's I'm going to try, then get some Controllers if/when I get it dialled in a bit more.

Comment

guys the controllers are big fins though conducive of a more retro style. the result is a more pivot board, not loose and playful like the SF4s. they are two starkly different styles so don't think that the SF4s are substitutes for the Controllers or vice versa.

Cheers!

Comment

On the old forum, there was some discussion of the C-Drive fins. They look really interesting. Anybody got 'em? I'd also like to hear if anybody has tried the HI-1s (big, big fin).

Tallkook, I have run PC7s in a quad setup and really did not like them on the ElF. I only used them in chest high surf, and they made the board feel really tracky and slow. Maybe in bigger waves...

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                          guys the controllers are big fins though conducive of a more retro style. the result is a more pivot board, not loose and playful like the SF4s. they are two starkly different styles so don't think that the SF4s are substitutes for the Controllers or vice versa.

Cheers!
                          Yup

Comment

Hi Gnubee, yeah I haven't tried PC7 quads, but as a thruster it worked for me. I haven't tried Controllers either, but my Shapers Quad E's are great in the Elf.

Comment

Gnubee,
                              I have c drives in my 5'9 use them as a quad with the mediums fronts and QM rear and as a thruster al around mediums. I think they go really really well overall. They look pretty strange but feel pretty normal. Fast and drivey great stuff! Also
                              Go great in the potato

Comment

Working...
                              X