X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elf Rocker compared to Sweet Potato

I know they are different boards due to their plan shape, but is the Elf rocker as flat as the Spud?

Nope, Elf has good kick in the tail and more lift in the nose. You know when you lay on the Sweet one of the first things you notice is how flat it is. You also notice it on the Elf but not as extreme. Man I LOVED my Elf btw I had the 6'1" at 95kg and it was plenty of float for me.

Comment

Attachment
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Goanna View Post
        Thanks Goanna, I'm thinking the Elf is the top one, the SP is the middle and what is the bottom. Is that an ADDvance? That would be quite surprising as the ADDvance has what I thought was a reasonable amount of rocker with quite a pronounced nose lift.
        Attached Files

Comment

Thats the Elf in red overlaying the SP in blue.

Comment

Gottcha! Should put my glasses on

Comment

That's right guys....was in a hurry to go surfing before work!
              actually the rocker doesn't look all that much different does it? It looks like the rocker rises up to meet the flat deck - this is why it feels flat to me when I lay on it I guess.
              Also I should have compared them in the sizes you would normally surf them i.e. (for me) 5'8" SP and 6'1" Elf

Comment

Good point Goana

Comment

Hey all,
                  keep in mind!! by overlaying you aren't keeping things to scale for YOU because lets say you would ride a 509 el fuego and a 502 potato. To overlay the rocker profiles over one another would actually give you a false, scaled up comparison. the simple answer is the Potato is flatter...

Comment

Ok. I understand how the flat rocker provides speed. But I read regularly that the Elf is good in sucky waves and barrells for down the line. I thought a flat rocker made a board hard to "stick" in a steeper wave?

Comment

It's got quite a refined foil and rails so it sticks to the face and paddles well because of the wide point forward to get your in early.
                      I wouldn't want to surf on it wedgey sucky waves with late drops, but in clean lined up stuff it'd be good for getting in early, setting your line and pumping through some little tubes.

Comment

I found it exceptional in anything up to 6ft as long as it was a "Soft" 6ft once it got to 5ft powerful sucky waves it couldn't handle it and had to be nursed too much. This is probably a lot to do with my abilities and 95kg of weight but don't get me wrong I absolutely loved that board - for me it was the perfect all rounder for summer.
                        I eventually sold it to get my Futura which covers everything the El Fuego did plus the solid powerful days.

Comment

Working...
                        X