X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• El Fuego!

Just bought an El Fuego tonight, could not pass it up as it was a sweet deal.

Hopefully, it won't cross over too much with what I already have.

Can't wait to get it wet!

Sweet! Will grovell as well as the Dom & b a little more lively than the Dom when the waves are nice cause of the pulled in fishy tail! That thing loves to fly down the line! You will enjoy!

Comment

Sweet! I love to fly down the line as well. Will it handle bigger stuff? 3-5? Maybe I should leave that for the Hellfire. Not sure where and how it fits in the quiver. All I know is that I have always wanted to try one, now I got one!

Comment

I surfed mine in chest high wind swell the other day and it was super fast and REALLY lively, its so good on the tail and goes great as a thruster! Super responsive board!

Comment

It will handle 3-5' but to me thats prime Hellfire territory, I found the elf a little harder to duck dive in bigger surf because of the wider nose section.

Comment

Took the Fuego out in wind chop 2 ft junk, got a few but nothing to compare anything too. Put the SF4 fins in, will try and then will try the k2.1 set up. Should be fun!

Comment

Is it me or is the El Fuego super light?

Comment

It's light!
                one of my best boards I should never have sold

Comment

Goanna,

How's the PNator go compared to the Fuego? Looking at a 5'8 and i've got a 5'11 Fuego at the moment, just want something to cover a bigger range like 1ft plus up to head high.

Comment

I was surfing one foot slop last night, had to get it in the water. It floats better than the DOM and has little or no rocker. Can't wait for some better waves to surf this baby!

Goanna, are you happy with your quiver being that you sold your DOM, El FUEGO, and SP?

Those seem to be my go to boards unless it is big then I will surf the HF.

Brent
                    Last edited by hwork50; 06-18-2012, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 2ftandjunky View Post
                      Goanna,

How's the PNator go compared to the Fuego? Looking at a 5'8 and i've got a 5'11 Fuego at the moment, just want something to cover a bigger range like 1ft plus up to head high.
                      Hey 2ft, I only just rode it at lunch time today in 1.5ft howling off shore and weak - probably Sweet Potato waves! this is what I can tell you so far...
                      used PC3 fins (all I had spare) it is a little Dynamo! pivots and whips around all over the place in one word FUN!

As for the comparison to the El Fuego - I think a 5'8" Potatonator will cross over too much in the lower end of waves with the 5"11 El Fuego. If you are looking to add another board to the quiver for the mushiest of days I'd probably go a Sweet Potato - unless you want a seemless changeover board to board by this I mean not having to change your surfing style between boards

One thing I liked about the sweet potato was how I had to surf it completely different than my other boards - for me this kept things fresh

Comment

Originally posted by hwork50 View Post
                        I was surfing one foot slop last night, had to get it in the water. It floats better than the DOM and has little or no rocker. Can't wait for some better waves to surf this baby!

Goanna, are you happy with your quiver being that you sold your DOM, El FUEGO, and SP?

Those seem to be my go to boards unless it is big then I will surf the HF.

Brent
                        Hey Brent, never happy to sell my Firewires but I had to to fund my quest for the ideal 2 board quiver. Obviously would have loved to keep them all!
                        The reason I sold the Dominator was because it was too big for me - loved the amount of waves I caught on that thing though - I replaced it with the El Fuego and it was the most amazing board - had a ball on it and to me it is the ultimate summer board.

I sold the El Fuego because when ever it got say powerful 4-6ft swell and it let go on me so I figured the 6'4" Futura would cover me in the lower end the same as the El fuego did and then take me into the 6ft days as well - I was right
                        The Sweet Potato was a blast as well but again too big - I sold it to get a 5'4" SP but then saw the Potatonator.

So there is the long answer! as for it being my ultimate 2 board quiver.....we'll have to wait and see.

Comment

I'm trying to achieve similar things Goanna but looking for the perfect 3 board quiver. I've got the shortboard upper range fully dialed now with my CBD and I'm pretty sure the 502 SP is going to own the bottom end, so I've been shuffling around the middle board trying to find the one that really clicks with me. Hopefully the Mini Driver will be the one, the Sub Scorcher was very close.
                          I love the Dom/Spit etc but boards in the 20" range are just too wide for me unless the waves are super gutless and in those situations I'd be on the Potato.

Comment

I am interested in your results for both of you in your quest of r a 2 board quiver and the 3 board quiver. I am just trying all sorts of combos as I will be doing a month of testing with fins and boards in August, can't wait.
                            I love Firewire surfboards and enjoy checking out how they surf and what the best fin set-ups are. It is also a good way to make a little extra money as some people just sell their Firewire's for cheap as they do not know
                            what they have, so their loss is my gain.

Comment

Always interested to hear others opinions & reasons as to the ultimate quiver!

I too am waiting on some unknowing chap to sell a firewire or two for well below its worth but still havnt work out how to make money by buying more boards?

Comment

Working...
                              X