X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which board fits my description?

Hello guys, I am 42 and 6ft 2in and 185lbs. I surf mainly in Playa Hermosa Costa Rica were the waves can be very hollow and punchy with plenty of power. I would like to know what model and demensions would be best for here? I am an advanced surfer and have surfed all my life so I need something with performance in mind and not a wide outline like some of the more modern mushy wave boards, any ideas what may be best for these type of conditions and my stat's? Thanks all

Sounds like MB 6'2 written all over that description...I would have said Hellrazor 6'3 but you don't want no stinkin' hybrid LOL MB is similar but thicker and a tad narrower. Alternator as well (6'2) and maybe even a 6'0 Jacknife are options too.

Comment

Depending on how you like your boards, as you surf well and are in trunks all year I think you could rip the 6'0" x 2.38" MB but it would be in the lower volume range.
      Worth looking at the Flexfires too.
      I'd say 601 HellRazor also worth a look.

Comment

give us an idea of what you ride...dims and/or volume...you will probably want one of the MB variations or if you like lower volume, my fave for those conditions, the thicker 6'2 flexfire...i ride it at 200 pounds plus wetty...i'm also liking the thin 6'2 MB in good waves...flexy has more tolerance for different conditions though...

Comment

Thanks guys, well right now I ride 2 different boards depending on the swell size, a 6'4 Lost stealth firewire which is far to wide and thick, dims are 20 1/2 by 2 11/16 38l, and the other a 6'2 channel island fred rubble 2 1/2 by ??. I like the fire wires but this board is far to thick and wide, difficult to come of the bottom, it flattens out due to the width, floats great and paddles like a champ but what board doesnt that thick and wide. My merrick is a great all around board but when it gets overhead I feel I need more length for better paddling and getting into the wave just a bit earlier. Does the MB boards come in pin or thumb tail? usually glassy here and lot's of barrels when good.

Comment

The new Artillery range might be right up your street, or some of the round/pin tail Flexfires.

Comment

yep, in those conditions if you want to step up from your 6'2 then look at the longer flexfire pins...the MB has a wide-ish rounded square tail...the flexy step ups are dependable and tried and true, and refined in all the right places...

Comment

What is the new Artillery Range?? Do you know anything about it??

Comment

Only that they are step up and mini guns. I've only seen the logo that was posted on the social networking sites and what has already been mentioned briefly on here.

Comment

The Artillary series I'm guessing will have a different outline than the flexfire step ups
                    The flexfire tails are too pinny for my liking
                    Hopefully the Artillary's will have a rounder tail
                    It will be interesting to see what they come up with
                    So many FireWires to choose from these days

Comment

Working...
                    X