X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Flexfire

Just scored an amazing 6.4 Fexfire. It is a flawless board, not a scratch not a single repair...nothing. I am not sure how old it is but it's number is 6067 so I'm guessing it is nearly a FireWire antique at this point. To make it even better, it came with FireWire logo PC-5 fins and a board bag. I surfed it today in super clean 5-8 foot faces and it was awesome; my first legit short board. I had only surfed hybrids prior. So anyway, I'm not just here to tell the world of my purchase, I would like to know the volume of the board as it is not listed and has different dimensions than the new line. It's 6'4" x 19 x 2 3/8. I was thinking/hoping it would be less than my 6.0 Stealth but it feels slightly more. Could you please look up what the volume is? Also, are there any historic markers that go with an older board, i.e. Made in USA? Slightly different design from the current Flexfire model, different materials, etc.

Thank you so much. And don't worry, I don't only buy used FireWires, I'm waiting for the Potatonator to hit the shelves here in Hawaii.

Brian

For sure it's an aged one. My first firewire was a flexfire 6'2" and it also came with a boardbag and fins. I believe that trend was discontinued like 4 years ago or so. Volumes back then should not differ much with those of todays.
    Enjoy the new toy and give us some pics!!

Comment

Hey Brian,
      can you provide all the information on the rail? and include the serial #? should say FE or FFE 604.....

thanks!

Comment

Attachment Attachment Attachment
        Chris/iggy,

Here are some pics as well as a shot of the info off of the rail. Thanks again.

Brian
        Attached Files

Comment

Loving the Flexfire!! I have only been surfing for about two years now so I'm just to the point of hitting some performance milestones beyond pumping around sections. Yesterday I landed an air off of the lip doing a frontside cutback and landed my first floater over a section. Both were absolutely accidental as I had no prior plan to do either but the main point is that this board has definitely encouraged me to surf faster and more aggressively. It wants to tic-tac, it wants to be pumped it doesn't like just cruising down the line. I just seem to be in better position to have more options on the wave when I ride it. I am freaking stoked on this board!

Any luck with the volume for it? I'm really curious because looking at the dims of the new ff's the 604 x 19 x 2 1/2 is 30.6L and my board only differs in the thickness by -1/8 so I would figure it would be less? Maybe 30.0 or something? But if feels so much more buoyant. Maybe there was more surface area in the nose or tail of the older boards?

Thanks again.

Brian

Comment

I would say around a littler!!!
            Watch out with the valve when waxing. saw on the pic that you wax the board way above the vent plug. Very important to keep that plug free of wax

Comment

Hey Brian,
              I have hit up the guy who has all the info on past boards. it may take him a day or 2 to get it over this way.

Thanks!

Comment

Hello. I found a great deal on an older model Flexfire that is a little brown but otherwise in good shape. The dimensions are 6'3" x 18 3/4 x 2 3/8. The number on the rail is very faint but as near as I can tell its either #3770 or 3740. Anyone know if the volume is roughly equivalent to the current Flexfire with these dimensions (28.2 L)?

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                X