X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Step up for Indo

Just booked a one-way ticket out to Indo for mid-July with the intention of staying for 2-3months (SO stoked!!), but was looking some advice on a step up.

I'm 6ft, 160lbs, intermediate surfer, and surf regularly in a 5/4 boots gloves on Vancouver Island on a 5,6' Potatonator. I absolutely LOVE the potatonator, but know I'm going to need to buy something pointier in Indo. I'm planning on picking up a shortboard (leaning towards a 5'11 hellrazor or 6'0 alternator), but have been advised that it's worth having a step up for the big days.

know very little about step-ups (surfing BC I've never needed one!) but was looking at the 6'3 fexfire and didn't know how that would fare? Thanks!

Yeah the 6'3 and 6'4 rounded pin flexfires are awesome boards. I have the 6'4 for trips and it's a very solid and reliable board. Definitely something you feel confident paddling into a good wave on.

Comment

I'd stay away from the wider tail boards as well Don't forget about the flexfire series

Comment

Originally posted by Phill View Post
        Yeah the 6'3 and 6'4 rounded pin flexfires are awesome boards. I have the 6'4 for trips and it's a very solid and reliable board. Definitely something you feel confident paddling into a good wave on.
        Right on, do you mind me asking how much you weigh on a 6'4? I max out at around double overhead waves so thinking the 6'3 might be the best bet at 160lbs..

Comment

• Phill
          Phill commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm about 170. The 6'4 is the same dims as the 6'3 though, 18"3/4 x 2"3/8 so it's not a whole lot more board. I was going to get the 6'3 but found a 6'4 in the sale for too good a price to pass up. Despite the length it feels buttery smooth on a good wave. I was really happy with how it went. I think you'll love the 6'3.

I'm 150lbs and have a 6'2 round tail flexfire. it's a great step up. I've ridden the 62 squash with more literage and its a great board too. Can't go wrong with either 63 or 64 I reakon. You'll love the rocker and durability on reefs.

Comment

Working...
        X