Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Looking for a Flexfire substitute, What's the closest alternative? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a Flexfire substitute, What's the closest alternative?

My 6'3 roundtail is currently in rehab getting a crack/buckle repaired so I'm now looking for a replacement.
    Nothing available anywhere off the shelf and anyway I was pretty keen to get something very similar but with more volume in the nose.
    A custom order was my first choice but @ 3months wait I'm now looking at plan B.

What is the closest board in the range to a flexfire? Preferably with a round tail though not essential.

ProfileV1. Although it has a llittle more tail rocker.

Comment

Thanks Phill though Cripes that's even narrower in the nose!
      A 5'10 Mini Driver looks promising, though I didn't really want to go that short. I'll try to find one I can pick up and see how it feels.

Comment

Mini driver is a great board but it rides a little flatter with the wider nose and lower rocker. Great is down the line waves

Comment

What about a round tail Alt. There are still some kicking about in the UK 6,0 or 6,2..

Comment

Yeah I have an old 6'2 Alt which is fun but it just doesn't give that zing the Flexfire does.
            I've just noticed in the board comparison specs that the squash tail version 6'3 Flexfire is a little wider and with a 5% wider nose so I might go for one of those, if I can still find one that is.

After riding a stealth and a Hell Razor a fair bit then jumping back onto the Flexfire it really made me realise how tough a paddler the pointy-nosed Flexfires are.

Comment

Where are you surfbum? I've got a 6'4 x 18.75" x 2.38" Flexfire round tail. 29.2l. It paddles well, it's my step up so it's barely been used. Maybe 10 times, a couple of little knee dents on the deck and that's it. Super light too, 2.3kg. If you're local I'd consider letting it go? It's an older one with black FCS plugs and a vent but its like new and way lighter than the newer ventless builds.

Comment

I'm over the other side of the planet from you Phill but thanks for the offer.
                My repaired board is due to be picked up from Firewire HQ at Currumbin any day so I will see if they have any hidden under cobwebs somewhere.

Comment

Working...
                X