X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Downsizing my flexfire

I currently have the 6'3" x 18 3/4" x 2 3/8" flexfire. Its a great board but i feel like it just sits a little too high in the water and i need to apply a bit too much pressure to it to really get it to go. So im looking to trade it in on the 6'2" x 18 5/8" x 2 1/4" (the one with the round tail, im also hoping that will sit lower in the water).

My question is that it seems like a large volume difference between two boards of the same model with only an inch difference in length (28.2L vs 26.1L) this is kind of what i want but is it too much, seeing as this would put me below the recomended min volume using the volume calculator?

If any of you firewire experts could help it would be appreciated, im 5'11", weigh 170 and of intermediate ability if it helps

As a good wave board that Flexfire will be a beauty. As an all rounder it'll be more limited than the 6'3".
    I'm eyeing one of those 6'3"s as a bit of a step up, wish it came with a rounded tail also.

Comment

Yep this is for my good wave board, thanks pjr. The 6'3" is very good in fairly solid stuff, but then thats another board altogether...

Comment

Hey chowie, what size waves are you looking to surf?

Comment

Hey Chowie,

I think that board will work great for you. I am 5'11 and at my normal non beer and pizza weight I am around 170. I had that board and loved it. It worked so well. I sort of wish that one came in 2 5/16 or 2 3/8. It would be great. I know you can do it in the CBD, but just not with a round tail. I love round tails otherwise I probably would have ordered a CBD version of it already.

Comment

Working...
          X