X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fin Issues

I have recently come acquired a XXF-901 S longboard (five fin set up with swallow tail) I was after the TJ pro but this will have to do for a while.

Is it a common thing that the box fin is tight or are there specific fins that can only be used, I have had to use a rubber mallet to get a standard fin in and the thruster box doesn't fit.

My other question is what is the best fin setup for this board? I'm 6'2 and 78kgs love to get a head start Iíve try the quad setup and donít like it.

Any help would be appreciated

Sledgehammer? This is the centre fin box?

Comment

there is always time for lube!!

Comment

Sometimes, specially after use, the fin get's stuck due to water and suction. One thing I do is to wiggle the fin sideways before rocking it back and forth to try to relieve the suction. It happens sometimes even on my regular short board.

Comment

Thanks for the info,

I did both well it wasn't a sledgy but it was a big rubber mallet, lube made a slight difference. I got the measuring tape out and it is narrower in the middle of the box (only slightly) compared to the ends. Looks like the grinder might have to be used!

Comment

Working...
          X