Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Futura fin set ups.

Hey Firewire fans!
    Just picked up a 6'4 Futura and can't wait to get out and try this sick looking puppy.

Just wondering if anyone has any feedback on which fins suited the board and what it was like as a quad compared to a thruster. I'm 95 kilos and am thinking PC7's as a standard. Any thoughts???

Attachment
    Attached Files

Hey Muz I'm 90kg and have the same board although it's the thruster model. I'm running plain old PC5's
    I started off with the PC7's but I couldn't turn her! I'm keen to try something a little different when I get the chance but happy with this setup.

Comment

I'm using Kinetic Racing Parko fins in their PC construction. Thruster set up. I really like that fin. Loose but still good drive. I'm just a touch unfit to surf that board at the moment so tending to use my Dom and Alternator a little more.

I will also probably try my K3 thrusters in this board, and as a quad with QPX trailing fins (K3 and Parko).

Comment

Hi,

I too have the thruster model and run it with MRTFX sides and a small center.

Great board.

Comment

good stuff!! i have heard that fin set works great!!

Comment

Cheers guys, I think i'll be primarily riding it as a thruster. I have all the fins mentioned above except for the kinetics so will have a play around. I had PC7s in my 6'4 Spitfire and like Goanna found it too stiff but they are perfect in my 6'2 Dominator. Swell is on its way to the Goldy so if all goes well I'll bet a few this week! Thanks again lads.

Comment

I have a futura 6.0 and use AM 2( PC orange)fcs that i like a lot overall i try also k2.1 which too loose and less drivey but also ok but the AM2 are my favourite .

Comment

my two cents...... 5's....... 2.1's good most of the time....but 5's... lots of new fins since i was on it though...so experiment....i think julian wilson fins are a tweak on the 5's so maybe give them a go...

Comment

Gave her a run on the weekend. First impressions are that it is SUPER FAST but I think the lack of rocker will take a bit of getting used to. Tried M5's but found them too stiff (again though it could have had something to do with lack of rocker and wave type), so I will try 2.1's next. To be honest the waves were 4 foot and pretty punchy peaks so I imagine it will be better in fatter waves. The first wave was a bit of a surprise, the thing tried to take off from under my feet, the speed of this thing is incredible! Cant wait to get on it again with some different fins and get this board dialled in! Stay tuned......

Comment

It's definitely fast across the wave that board. I'm not sure what it is that makes it so fast, but it is.

Comment

Originally posted by buzzy View Post
                      It's definitely fast across the wave that board. I'm not sure what it is that makes it so fast, but it is.
                      I'd say the low entry rocker has a fair bit to do with it, crazy fast, lets hope I can get it turning soon.

Comment

stick with it. it'll come.

Comment

I surfed a 6'2 Futura for about 3 years and it is one of my favorite all time boards. I hope to get a 5'10 in the next year.

I tried about 12 different fin setups, everything from MR tfx PC to K2.1, AM2's, to finally finding the Mayhem GMB-5's which were the best all around fin for that board in my opinion. Those fins killed it in everything from ankle high Florida slop to double overhead Boca Barranca & Hermosa. What other shape could you ride such a wide range of conditions and excel.

The futura is so fast it'll get air on floaters without you even tryin. Everyone should own one.

Comment

Yes a keeper in deed.

Bought my gen one in 05' and its still in my quiv. Was my go to board but luvin the new shapes.

I'll have to try the GMB5s, was lookin for a reason to buy that fin template anyways.

Comment

I think you'll like them. You forget they are even there, which is how I think it should be..

Comment

Working...
                              X