Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

#Stoked #Hashtag

Comment

Rode my # at my favorite sand-bottom point this past Sunday/Monday. Conditions were head high+, the evening sesh was onshore and punchy so I had my thruster setup in, FCS reactor fins. And Monday was barreling with super fast drops. I rode the # as a quad and i don't think i've ever moved that fast on a wave before (even in conditions double the size). I think i covered about 6 feet down the line on one air in particular..too bad I couldn't stick my landing though (i actually got pretty crushed on that one haha).

I'm fortunate to be able to continually surf this board in varying conditions, and I'm just still so impressed with it. Great job FireWire!

I'm really looking forward to going to Chicama in a few months with the #! Should be an awesome adventure.

Comment

• Chris
        Chris commented
        Editing a comment
        Stoked to hear! Jealous of your trip south. have a killer time.

just got back from good sesh on the #. Shoulder high with the odd punchy set but mostly lazy waves. Got new MB2 futures fins on it set up as thruster. Those fins this board.......perfect!

Comment

Any one out there know the nose and tail width dims for the # ???

Comment

Originally posted by Phill View Post
          I bumped into Myles earlier and checked out the samples of the new boards. The 5'8 Hashtag felt nice under arm. Volume is too low for me but the width and thickness felt great. Nice shape, I think it'll be a big hit!
          What size would you be looking at Phil. Do you think you could comfortably ride a 5'9 or would you go a 5'10 . Just curious

Comment

• Phill
            Phill commented
            Editing a comment
            The 5'10 looks good for volume but is too thick for me. Pretty odd dims, I dunno. I liked the foil of the 5' 8 but it's too narrow at that length for me. I'd kind of like to stretch one out a bit I think.

I'm sort of debating on a Uni or a Hash. Got a chance to check out a 5'9 Uni and I'm really impressed at the shape. The rails are really refined towards the tail and looks fast. Looking for a backup semi groveller for an Indo trip. I like the feeling of thin refined rails with the rounded pin. I have tried a MD in the past but for some reason it didn't click. With the Dom being my all time fave I am leaning towards the Uni. Any suggestions FW people

Comment

• Phill
            Phill commented
            Editing a comment
            Sounds like that could be a winner then.

yeah the unibrow would be a very good option, just keep in mind it's not quite as high performance as the # would be. You would just want to make sure you are after a board with a little more hybrid DNA whereas the # would allow for a slightly more high-performance and aggressive approach. Both are very good boards, the unibrow is designed by Dan Mann, the father of the dominator's so it may have a more familiar feel. The # is more aggressive in every way with less volume per unit length, more entry and exit rocker, more aggressive bottom contours, and refined rails...

The choice is yours!

Comment

Hey Wandi if its a board for an indo trip my suggestion would be a more high performace board. Indo waves are powerful even in the small spectrum . I own both Uni an # and love them both but the # has a higher end for better waves, both boards are super fast to get you through barrel sections and float great to catch waves witch I think are the two main ingredients for a successful l Indo Trip

Comment

I have asked at all my local surf shops and none have the Hashtag in stock. NNS in Gerringong said they aren't expecting any #'s until September. Does anyone know if any #'s are in stock Sydney/south coast area? I just want to pick one up before ordering online.

Comment

hey lost in nj.. u get to ride the hashtag in the recent bertha and that last low pressure swell we just had? firewire you guys planning on offering any other tail options with the hashtag? i know timmy rode a diamond and dorian had a squash

Comment

Just got back from a trip to Nicaragua and took a couple of boards but the # was the one I used 99% of the time from barreling beach break of Colrados to highperformance Popoyo reefs and pointbreaks this board coverd it all with excellent performance from small to overhead surf amazing board FW. Thx

Comment

Working...
                  X