X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally a live hashtag

I'm really into the shape of this board. I put it on top and next to a MD of the same height and it looked very similar just a tad wider in the nose and thicker from the center.

I'm sorry for the quality. Blame the forum engine for it. I have more pictures but it didn't let me upload more.
    Last edited by OceanMindedBoy; 03-21-2014, 04:26 PM.

looks pretty cool, i guess this is like a slightly smaller wave HZ and the HZII now caters for slighter bigger hollower surf?!

Comment

Does anybody know if the hashtag is available in AUS yet?

Comment

I saw those at SurfRide this weekend. Very nice shape.

Comment

At first glance, it might look like the Mini Driver. But if you spend just a little time checking out the bottom contours and the rails, it's very different.

Comment

6-0 in the flesh. Friends picked it up at surf ride in Solana on its way back to Vancouver Island. Cant wait. This is replacing my hellfire.

Comment

Yep got my # today also hope to get it in water tomorrow!!! Board looks amazing! Any fin ideas in Future?

Comment

i am gonna try the futures wct when its lined up, solus when its crumbly, and clay marzo fins when its barreling sections, thruster setups only in this board for me. a few more days till it gets here.

Comment

ok I know I said above "thruster only for this board" but it was a fat soft shoulder high day and my spitfire was at home so I popped the clay marzo quads in her to see if i could surf it in these conditions. Well it worked out great. got a bit more speed out of it and it still turned and performed similar to the thruster setup. Gotta love these 5 fin options these days. My friends are asking why i am surfing the # when its clearly a baked day. I can't help it I love the way this thing rides.

Comment

it looks like a hellfire with a rounded tail. also looks like the board Felipe was riding in contests before he got dumped by FW. lol.

ALOHA!!

Comment

So a couple things. good call on it being a smaller wave hellrazor. They share a bit of design characteristics, nose rocker, bottom contours, step rail. most notable differences are the round tail and the reduced tail rocker. It makes it a perfect average day shredder.

On filipe, just in case there is some confusion, Filipe wanted the freedom to ride other boards without repercussion, similar to Taj, so he went on to ride a mixture of boards for a while and then chose to sign with Sharp Eye. We are stoked to have athletes that are willing to commit full time to Firewire but at the same time we certainly don't fault an athlete for wanting to ride multiple shapers and techs. So with that in mind, Filipe went his separate way with no hard feelings. Its the nature of the sport, he certainly isn't the first and won't be the last.

Comment

I reckon Taj should consider riding his Mayhem shapes in FireWire tech for small waves at least. The again he's number two in the world and in definite contention (watch the wheels immediately fall off now I've said it out loud) so why mess with a formula that's working?

Comment

Working...
                        X