X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• # vs Md

Ive been surfing my minnie driver 6-4 for the last 14 months, its a great board that goes great in most conditions! the only problem i find with it it has really bulky rails... will the hashtag be a easier board to do in the pocket turns and does it have more refined rails?

Worth looking at the hashtag. I think it has more rocker, especially through the tail compared to the MD. The rails are pretty refined but the centreline thickness is greater.

Comment

Sounds like you're looking for something more along the lines of the HZ if you want that refined shape and in the pocket response...

-FIJ

Comment

My local shop just got their shipment of new FireWire's in, so I had a chance to compare the # and MD side-by-side (as I had been debating between the two myself). Besides the already stated step-down rails on the #, the overall outline is much more elliptical, the tail is more pulled in, and the shape gives me the impression that it will be great at pocket turns. Looking at both in person, I can only assume that the # will be a more Hi performance board, while the MD will probably be a bit more versatile in less-than stellar waves.
        rail shape does seem more 'refined', but I haven't ridden a board with the step-down rails. So I can't really comment on them. If my board order hadn't gotten messed up, I would have a new # in the water by now. Hoping to (finally) get my # this weekend and get some waves on it! I'm also looking forward to typing up my initial impressions for you guys.

Comment

FINALLY, after weeks of delays and having to send a board back due the wrong fin system, I was able to pick my HT up last night! Got a good deal on a new set of FCSII Reactor fins as well. Too bad I couldn't get the board earlier this week, as the waves were super fun 2 days ago. Might have little waist/chest wave this weekend and I couldn't be more stoked to test out the new setup (as a thruster and a quad!).

My initial impressions- majority of the volume is carried in the center of the board, say, between where the logo is and where the rails start to really pull in toward the tail. The board is wider than the short boards I'm used to, and I'm hoping this translates to a bit better paddling and float during the summer months in less than stellar waves. the step down rail outline of the tail is making me think that the HT is going to be fantastic at pinning tight turns and snaps (the tail is MUCH thinner than I expected- which isn't to say bad). Overall shape certainly gives me the impression that this board is going to be fast.

Now I'm frothing to get into some waves!!!

Comment

Hey Lost in NJ ve been waiting on my # for a few months myself. How about some Pics what size?

Comment

Hey Cucuson- it's a 5'10", I only have this single iPhone pic right now, I'll grab some better ones on my slr later tho.

Comment

Yeah cool Lost

Comment

Hey all, just wanted to say that I posted a little review in the other thread.

Comment

Working...
                  X